What is "new" to you?

I feel part of this illness we pick up on things that are “new” to us. Even if they seem old. Like staring at the moon is a new thing to me…even though I’ve been doing it for 20+ years now…It seems all of a sudden that I’m 5 years old again staring at the moon for the first time. Can anyone relate???

I think people think I’m crazy when I stare at the moon because it’s been there for the last millions of years, but I haven’t truly appreciate it til a year or 2 ago. I love the moon.

3 Likes

When my meds got changed and my life starting waking up again… I was amazed by two things…

Low and high tides and all the thing that live in a tide pool

The trees in Fall.

2 Likes

I can also relate to the seasons being new to me. I remember the seasons changing as a kid, but it was something “new” to me lately as I’ve gotten older. It’s weird.

2 Likes

I have a feeling it’s because when I was in hospital… or really not doing well… time passed me by. So many basic things in the year completely escaped my notice.

I was living in my own head and it wasn’t connected to any time line.

So when I started getting better… and living in the real world… it sort of surprised me how many years I lost… and other things that I took for granted and no longer paid attention to.

1 Like

I go through awakening stages like that. Just seem to notice the world a bit more in detail some days. Like I’ve woken up and less closed minded. Very short lived though.

P.S. A full moon on Sunday

3 Likes

What’s new to me is a feeling of being ignored. It’s kind of a welcome feeling, as before I was on meds I thought everyone was watching me and noticing how weird I was.

2 Likes

I live in the countryside and I often do this with the trees and the sunset in the meadow. It’s like the sheer beauty of the world is a new concept to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I knew that feeling too!

I stare at the moon too lately. I would also look at my hands. I would look at people how they would use there hands and feet to manipulate stuff. Even something stupid like unwrapping a straw from its paper. We are so remarkable. Even our ability to read and type text on a pc or cell phone is something I enjoy watching.

1 Like