What is all this about potatoes?

I’m new here and I’m really confused because I’ve been seeing a lot of discussion around about potatoes. What is it all about? What am I missing?

2 Likes

Step into the light and feel the warmth of the potato. Baked, fried or cooked, everyone is welcome. In the eyes of the potato we are all equal.

7 Likes

Ahaha! You will find that the folks on this forum have a terrific sense of humor. The potato threads are all meant in good fun :grin:

2 Likes

Ours is not to question the will of the Potato god. There are things in the universe that mankind is not meant to know. OK sorry, you have no idea what I’m blabbering about.

The whole potato thing is just some nonsense that someone started that a few of us get a laugh from. It all started I think when a member here invented a game where you substitute the word “potato” for certain words of songs. 'Example: "Stairway to Heaven "–“Stairway to Potato”. Then it snowballed and people substituted the word “potato” for names of books, quotes, and movies.
I don’t know why we used the word “potato” instead of any other word, but it just makes us laugh.

2 Likes

I thought it started in a religious thread that was about to get locked down because threads like that can be triggering to some members. I thought someone tried to lighten it up by substituting something like The Great Potato God…

As you can well see, the origins of the potato myth are shrouded in mystery, like aliens and ancient civilizations. :smile:

3 Likes

It’s a Folie à deux spread and started by The Great Potato God. Only through potato will we find salvation. Only through potato will you google that term and become a follower of the potato.

2 Likes

Lol thy will be potato…i was wondering if we would come off as a creepy potato cult to new people this thread kind of answers that lol.

1 Like

Were not really a potato cult but here drimk this brightly colored potato juice…

2 Likes

“I am the alphotato and the potmega.”

2 Likes

Aren’t you glad you asked?

This too shall pass.

2 Likes

Squirrels know nothing of potatos…the potato will be here long after the squirrels have evolved into potato eaters.

1 Like

These are the only words that can describe my love for the potatos.

2 Likes

I worship the rice Gods. I have forsaken the potato.

1 Like

That would be me.

The Great Times Of The Potato Memes ended quickly, sadly.

btw. Welcome @SYNACK :smile: Glad you joined us during potato season!

It all started when min min( the potato jesus) suggested we offer the pigfather some delicious potato. The great potato grew from there.

1 Like

my next grandiose delusion

1 Like

The God said ‘let there be potatoes’ and there was and it was good.

1 Like

Life, liberty and the persuit of potatoes

1 Like

And the right to bare arms… armfuls of potatoes

2 Likes

It means to make fun of the true God. Look! God is unlike the governor or ruler of this world. The people in any democratic country is King. They often disrespect governor and policemen. The people elect the President or Prime Minister. However, in the context of the Supreme Sovereign, it is God who chose the anointed ones.