What do you want in life?Can you always get what you want?

What do you want in life?
Can you always get what you want in life with or without obstacles?

All I want is to be left alone until the day I die

1 Like

I just be to be me; no one else for a change at all; because anyone wants me to; just totally be me. Is that to incredulous to ask?

1 Like

I can’t always get what I want,
but if I try sometimes,
I find,
I get what I need,
Oh yeah.

8 Likes

I want peace in my life. That means being treated humanely, with justice and respect. It means to be loved and wanted and cared for. It means to be more than just existing it means to be alive. Can I get what I want? I think it is possible.

1 Like

I’m a stranger in a strange land and I think that I always will be.

Such is life.

1 Like

I want to be left alone to ruminate. Sometimes it seems like certain things are trying to draw me out into the world, but I lose interest in them.

1 Like

Next step for me is getting my own place. Then I’ll actually have a stable diet and solitude. Hard to afford a full life on 900 a month.

I just wanna work outdoors. Live a simple life. I went to one of the best High schools in the state and there was such high expectations to do finance or accounting or some BOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHIT like dat…now I’m still ambitious in that I want to work and not isolate, but I wanna live a simple life. I’ve got what I need. maybe not what I want. But you can’t always get what you want.

1 Like

I would like to be in love with the right woman. But, I rarely go out nowadays. I think Mick was right about not getting what you want but sometimes getting what you need.

1 Like

You are talking within reason right?

Hhhmm I would say free stuff.

I use to go to those job fairs just for the free stuff they give away.

1 Like

Surely as a normal man I would like to have a woman to call my own.

But what are the odds of that happening?

This is the progressive world we wanted and now we have to live with it.

When I got this illness, I got something I didn’t want. I have what I need-enough money, a roof over my head, enough food, clothing, freedom in this country to do pretty much what I want. I want computer parts-things I definitely do not need. I sort of want to get married again, but there is no Mrs.Right anywhere that I can see. Also, I’ll need a better mind if I am going to do the things I want to do. It’s good to know what you need as opposed to what you want. The US is set up to cater to people’s wants rather than their needs. You have to deprogram yourself from advertising.

3 Likes

I figured if you bought a glossy Ferrari magazine, eat sleep and drink Ferrari you may end up owning one, as Buddha said you become what you think

1 Like

I never really thought about the meaning in this + those old songs. You are sort of the bard of schizo.com.

2 Likes

Lol,
“The bard of schizo.com”…
Yeah, I like that.

2 Likes

I get along with most of my family and friends most of the time. Other than that, optimal physical health would be nice.

1 Like

Need to put some effort into working…other is trying to use someone. I can survive…I can adapt to fruits available from my labors. There is almost always enough… It is “lighter yolk” than manipulation… We don’t have to attend church to see some good in the religious teachings…Moments of best religious inspiration come when alone for many of us. : )

Things are harder after 12 years of constant psychosis, medicated or not. I need the financial assistance from the SSDI checks as the employment market where I’m forced to live is not longer adequate to support some of the skilled laborers even. Walmart or Target may be better options soon and a lot less stress … Some of the retail work is better $ than office work here & lot fewer hassles of law suits from screwed up office management & politics.

Relationships are a totally different burden…You click with some people easily and rest are a huge downer to deal with. Be patient and you find the good ones who just click with you.

1 Like

The only thing I want is to have the ability to live on my own

2 Likes

I want things to stay the same.

I am in a good situation now.

I am growing at my own pace.

2 Likes