What do you believe caused your schizophrenia?

You can see all of my symptoms in movies containing the paranormal, magic, spirits, gods, etc…

It’s all there.

My symptoms are also found in certain ancient holy books as well.

1 Like

Jealousy.

I think they were jealous of me when I was born and of my real parents who are not the ones that raised me and who they say are my parents.

Organised group of military in different professions disabling etc

I was not born disabled and have memory of rape at two while woman held me down n her husband jammed it in while my real father was locked behind bars at zoo watching and then they stitched me perhaps cause was in hospital cause couldn’t breath trauma etc

Golly knows

Many reasons

Too much dopamine in the wrong places in my brain.

2 Likes

Well my therapists psychoanalysis answer was that as a young child I never established a sense of safety in my life because I didn’t feel my home was safe due to my dad’s rage issues. This lead to constant intense fear which then put so much strain on my mind I developed psychosis basically as a coping mechanism, but then the psychosis eventually spiraled out of control, and all those factors caused my depression.

Maybe some of that, but I also think genetics, brain chemistry, etc has a lot to play in it.

Don’t know just fell ill over a course of 2 months really…i smoked pot in my early teens and thinking back might have caused it.

I was born with the button and life pushed it. Enormous F**king stress pushed my MI button

i believe my construction of my brain was the basic seed of the cause, but crap logics and reasoning caused it to worsen and bloom on the destruction side of me now.

My fiasco, very painful and scary, began on halloween.

It involves an alien, faeries, shadow people, and mother ■■■■■■■ ghosts!

I’m basically sitting in some kind of supernatural cave right now, the ■■■■ i’ve seen would blow the scientists mind in half.

There may have been a flood or two, but i’m not sure, if it happened it was them not me, i didn’t do it i swear!

I guess, scientists are normal schizophrenics. and we are fully.

1 Like

i believed it was a fever that triggered my schizophrenia like a seed and future experiences made me sway away from normal person from thinkings to actions. kinda still remember that when i was young had a fever til i saw my electric fan morphing itself so weirdly, i believe thats where it started like a seed like i said.

1 Like

Taking the herbal antidepressant St. Johns Wort triggered my first psychosis. Before that it was a marijuana edible. All this combined with a significant genetic vulnerability/family history led to my downfall.

2 Likes

Epigenetic alterations due to an environmental stimulus, and an idiosyncratic reaction to stimulants, possibly in combination with genetics; yet I do not have a family history of psychosis.

Chronic heavy pot smoking from an early age until my 20’s when I developed sza.

3 Likes

That’s very interesting. SJW has possible antipsychotic (but also propsychotic) effects. How much were you taking?

ugly weird dysfunctional family - loneliness - trauma and just more ugly stuff

it gets better day after day

1 Like

Mine was my mother’s genetic code. she has it really bad . delusional and paranoia ectra.

yeah my mom and aunt have it too

I think I may have had symptoms long before being diagnosed, even as a kid. I’m not sure if its genetic or what.

I dunno. My brother had Schizophrenia too. My grandmother also had dementia and Alzheimers. So MI runs in the family. My mom also has depression.

I found through out my life time I was born with it, and it slowly increased as time passed… As well as many different diagnosis through out my life time changed as it increased in steps and folds, sadly my anger and patience also increased, but I did learn to meditate and control some of it, and the rest of it I still have no control of it. I still hallucinate a minor bit and see what I call my shadow creatures… they don’t exist but they really piss me off at times. i don’t fully know why they bother me so much , but I now have found a fairly good way to ignore em. My medication help make em go away to a point, but when I get very stressed they come full force.