What can I do about overheating in this heatwave?

I have been getting really hot in my flat. I have no air conditioning. Yesterday I started feeling faint and nauseous with the heat.

I have read the meds can make you overheat. I am overweight too which doesn’t help.

When we had no AC in our college dorm we bought fans. Yes APs can make you really heat sensitive so you have to be careful, geodon did that to me and I felt like fainting whenever I went outside in summer. I couldn’t even take hot showers anymore.

1 Like

Months ago I think there where some days where it felt like Seroquel was making me feel unwell in the heat. But I don’t get that usually. Maybe that is a possibility.

1 Like

I just bought a fan off of Amazon.com. It cost $40.00 including tax and S & H. I gave it a test run and it works great but I haven’t needed it because it hasn’t been that hot. You can get cheaper fans that work just fine.

1 Like

I use a big fan and dress for the occasion

1 Like

I’m half naked in my room with a ceiling fan on 24/7. Only way to cope with this heat.

1 Like

Order a cooler thing that you put water into. They’re called evaporative coolers.

2 Likes

It’s not great being overweight. I don’t look that fat and I can still walk around. I’m not a small person anyway.

My appetite is low lately. I’m not hungry like I was months ago in the past.

2 Likes

We have discount stores here in the US. Called like The Dollar Store and Family Dollar. You can get a big fan for cheap

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.