What are your opinions on normal people? Poll

Better to suffer from stigma than stigmata.

(What? Someone had to say it.)

10-96

1 Like

There are no ā€œNormalā€ people.

I personally do not have the need or urge to spend a lot of time in person with others afflicted with a severe mental illness.

I have been avoiding going to a bipolar support group - Socializing with Depressed and drug or alcohol addicted people (commonly seen with bipolar and sz) would depress me - I would not find this helpful to my recovery.

Neurotypicals do not bother me as a whole - I see everyone as individuals - No one is perfect

2 Likes

Iā€™m not from a family of normal people. My partner is kind of. I try not to tell normals about my illness so the interaction remains a positive one.

I am surrounded with normal people everywhere, and by guessing, they all think I am normal, I know I am not and I came on terms with that. I like the eagerness of normal people, their visions and enthusiasm, I sometimes envy them but later on I look to my self and start searching for a new goal to accomplish. I am extremely professional at work and very serious to others, I think that was the only way I could hide my very emotional self and empathetic self, I am stronger than before and the only reason is that there are many normal people around me, not only normal but also very successful. I donā€™t accept failure easily and always try to keep my sheet clean. If they can do it then so can I. I donā€™t have to in first place thatā€™s what I learned but yes I can lead and I can influence. In the poll I voted for neutral because basically thatā€™s what they mean to me after all. The level of their Impact reduces day by day and I due all of that to employment and self care. By the way, I just bought my favorite perfume from the airport and heading back to office tomorrow to fight another day. Thank you @mortimermouse for being a strong person, you were vital to my journey. Best wishes. Q.

3 Likes

Interpreting the question as, ā€œWhat are your opinions on [people without a mental health diagnosis]?ā€ my answer would be that there are maybe many people suffering from mental illness who donā€™t have a mental health diagnosis:).

I mean like they actually are neurotypical (thats what we scz call people without any mental disorders) also used in terms of autistic or not

I donā€™t really know anyone very well that has been diagnosed with a mental illness so normal people are all I know. In general I find them to be very supportive and cheerful. They give good examples of rich and fulfilling lives I think.

I prefer mayonaise Or micky dā€™s hot mustard.

Generally speaking those without prior agendas like bigotry, racism,etc. are pretty cool but I think ā€œnormalā€ is a very relative label.

Ive seen normal people that are nuttier than me and I occasionally have voices telling me to kill people.

I was married to a normie for 14 years. He gave me a really hard time and would not let me be myself or grow spiritually and creatively. Now Iā€™m married to an autistic man and he is so supportive of all of my interests and vice versa. We help each other cope in a world full of normies who stigmatize us. In my experience, normies are all caught up in making a good impression and they never really find their true selves, so they highly resent those of us who have or are openly on that journey. A few normies are real and compassionate, very few.

This song can be interpreted many ways.

2 Likes

You got that right. Since I came down with my illness I slowly disconnected from societal goals

I think they are here to stay.

1 Like

What can you do?

1 Like