Well, going out made me more depressed šŸ˜­

I spent the last few hours over at my brotherā€™s house. He has a very nice house and a family and a future.

And it made me completely depressed and upset. I just came away feeling worthless. Although I feel a bit better now.

He and his wife are high functioning even by normie standards.

1 Like

All my family is doing better than me. I can relate. But when I do well they are all happy for me. Family can be Hills and valleys, but they are mostly good. Sorry you had a bad time. Itā€™s not even the holidays!

3 Likes

I decided to go to the library to mix with people. I left the house in a good mood. I left the library in a bad mood.

1 Like

What happened? 15151515

I am sure they have so many difficulties and struggles too.
Never compare yourself to other people in any way.

You are in a different place in lifeā€¦ different path. Another day is not promisedā€¦ so chill, live for the day. Do what you like. On the bright side, you are not in a miserable relationship, you do not have to worry that you have to wake up at 5 am and go to a miserable job with a horrible boss :slight_smile: because you have no choice.

And if you are lonely, try finding a girlfriend ? Hope you feel better soon :sunny:

3 Likes

I noticed three people who set me off, one a normal man, one a woman who seemed to be his wife, who was quite disheveled and who said hello to me, and a girl I have been imitating who seems to be something of an idiot and who is always smiling.

Sorry to hear thisā€¦I hope your next outing is better. Please take good care!

I know you have things about yourself that you should justifiably be proud of and be happy about. You write great poetry. In AA they talk about ā€œjudging your insides by other peopleā€™s outsidesā€. The way I look at it regarding myself is, yes, I donā€™t have a house and kids, and I did miss out on that, but not having those things frees me up to pursue more creative things. And donā€™t think the game is up. You still have time to get some of the things you want.

3 Likes

I donā€™t feel bad comparing myself to others. but I know the feeling. i am lazy, useless, canā€™t have a job, cant make a living.

1 Like

@everhopeful man, my family is way better off than me, I canā€™t compare myself to their livesā€¦I go to their cookouts and holidays but they are oblivious to my pain of how I live. I am so tired of being poor.

1 Like

That is what I preach too. :prayer_beads:

1 Like