Voices Are Way Harsher On Me Than I Am

Your voices sound like mine. Nothing is sacred with the voices. They talk trash about my friends, family, and children too.

2 Likes

My voices just talk trash about me and rarely say a negative word about anyone else. But nothing is sacred to my voices either.

3 Likes

Mine have been giving me horrible nightmares/visions when I close my eyes and they mess with me as they become my ex boyfriend and then play death metal music. They make me have extremely uncomfortable conversations with them mentally when this occurs. Today they have made me sleep a ton since they have given me insomnia the last two nights. I really hope youā€™re voices stop harassing you. I know how traumatizing it can be to deal with day and night.

Just know you are not alone!

Thank you so much for your support, @Watchers. Itā€™s comforting to know Iā€™m not alone, but I feel bad that you have to go through that trauma. My voices make me have extremely uncomfortable conversations as well and constantly add to my insomnia. I really hope that your voices stop harassing you too.

Thank you @Musicdance! My best wishes to you! I struggle with doing literally anything/everything, so I almost always isolate myself. I feel awkward, paranoid, and fearful especially when Iā€™m around other people, or having to undress, take a shower, use the bathroom, etc. I can never escape them, but I try my best to find uplifting books, documentaries, interviews, etc. that help me get through each day. I hope you too have some things under your belt that can help ease some of the abuse you undergo each day!

1 Like

It is a daily struggle, thatā€™s for sure. I do have things that ease the abuse, like reading and doing creative things. Iā€™m glad to hear you do too!

2 Likes

Mine change from mean and critical to fairly nice, and then sometimes they make me super confident, as long as you can find something to help and kind of distract you, then I think you will make it thru the rough times with them

1 Like

Yes, I agree that distraction helps a lot.

I have people in my mind they tell me to stop thinking things, that they say I am gross, or perverted but why are they in my head the first place, I wish they would leave me alone. I donā€™t want people watching me especially when I have a panic/anxiety because I act/think much worse. I have thoughts that do no! t make much sense which I donā€™t think are sexual in nature. I used to think I have OCD intrusive thoughts
but watched some You tube videos on intrusive thoughts and mine are a little bit like that but not really. They say donā€™t resist thoughts or say that they are bad but I feel if I donā€™t try to tell myself to stop they might get worse.

1 Like

My voices tell me Iā€™m a creep, but, I agree, why are they in my head in the first place. I also have thoughts that I thought were OCD but are a little bit different. I try to ignore them, but the voices persecute me for them, so of course I canā€™t ignore them.

1 Like

I had that happen to me. Voices get mad at me. I donā€™t know why. Can they see the images in my mind? I hope not.

1 Like

My voices hate me and see everything in my mind.

1 Like

Sometimes I feel this way too, but some voices are kind and understanding. But I feel they are tired too. I donā€™t know if they are there when I have panic/anxiety attacks. I am embarrassing when I am like this.

1 Like

Youā€™re lucky you have some kind and understanding voices. Mine are all mean and they are always there.

1 Like

Today my voices hate me too.
They want me dead

1 Like

Well Iā€™ve noticed that what comes in my mind by way of voices or visions Iā€™m less likely to think or do myself. The more the voices repeat certain words, for example repeating ā€œdisdainā€, I notice that it is harder for me to use the word ā€œdisdainā€ in thought or speech. Like the voices are marking territory in us that we should avoid.

Basically the harsher your voices are on you, the less likely you would be to be harsh on yourself. The nicer the voices are to us the less nice we would be to ourselves.

Itā€™s just a theory but voices could be the brainā€™s way of protecting us from extremes. If they are overly nice it could be perhaps to block us from being too nice to ourselves to the point of mania or grandeur. If they are overly harsh it could be perhaps to block us from thinking too little of ourselves to the point of depression or self-harm.

I hope telling you this insight does not defeat the protective mechanism

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Hope it passes soon.

1 Like

Thank you @evian. That is really helpful and comforting to think about.

1 Like

well Iā€™ve thought about it a bit more and realize that my opinion was possibly a dangerous idea. Voices should ideally never be used as a contribution to how we think or feel whether the voices come across as positive, negative or neutral.

1 Like

what I do is I only accept them if they confirm what I already know about something. If I donā€™t know something and they intrude, I consider them. If I do know something and they contradict then I reject them.

1 Like