Voices Are Way Harsher On Me Than I Am

They absolutely persecute me all day long when I would never do that to myself. Is that normal for voices?

3 Likes

The oxidative stress and damage that manifests the voices are constant and relentless.

3 Likes

All mine are quicker, meaner, more cutting,
Intelligent beyond belief bullies like a reallly good torturer

3 Likes

It sounds like you are describing mine!

2 Likes

I think it’s the usual for paranoid schizophrenia

2 Likes

It’s awful that you get them all day though
I know each time I used to get unwell they were hours at a time every day
But when I’m well it’s usually 5 or 10 minutes a few times a day

Some have voices so much more than others as their norm

2 Likes

Yes, mine are generally every few seconds or with every thought I have that I’m aware of having. I usually get a few 5 or 10 minute breaks a day too. Mine sometimes even give me compliments and then 5 minutes later call me a sucker for believing them.

1 Like

Yes, mine too say “stupid, fool, who told you to trust us?We are capable of everything”

1 Like

I relate to every second every thought near the start of my illness

Are you quite newly diagnosed?
Or close to the end of a recent episode?

I hope it gets less, mine did, I even go full days without now but that is not the usual for me

Some people get it all the time though
I hope they get less with time

You know seem to have it as background largely loud enough but background

If you are suffering this without believing it good for you
I understand that fight

1 Like

I was never diagnosed with schizophrenia but was diagnosed with psychosis about 8 years ago. I’ve had the voices for over 9 years. Unfortunately, they’ve only gotten worse. I hope they start to go away in the future. Thanks for giving me hope that they might get better.

Maybe change your mood, your readings, your people around you. I usually have positive voices or at least random/neutral

1 Like

Yup. Mine really know how to get under my skin.

1 Like

You’re so lucky to have positive or neutral voices. Were they always positive or neutral?

1 Like

Sometimes I hear Lucifer and demons but they don’t last long. The good prevails.

1 Like

Yea when my voices turned bad I don’t remember them having anything nice to say or make me feel. They were like look u can avoid hell if you save the world. But I could not do that with them in my mind because they didn’t have faith in me and they didn’t even like me and I was meant to be their romantic partner according to his energy map. It was all messed up.

1 Like

My thoughts are bad, but the voices are hear are downright ruthless and cruel. I take some solace that there are good people in the world who aren’t so cold and ruthless.

1 Like

I had one positive voice
It said
‘You’re doing okay”

Just as I was going asleep
It was a nurse in the hall when I was in hospital

2 Likes

I feel the same as you. My thoughts are bad, but the voices are downright ruthless and cruel. I agree that it’s comforting knowing there are people in the world who aren’t so cold and ruthless.

1 Like

my voices do my head in all the time…nothing really relieves the situation…what do your voices persecute you about?

1 Like

They mostly persecute me about my thoughts or about paying attention to them or communicating with them. They have a rule that I’m supposed to ignore them.

1 Like