Vocational Rehabilitation 2nd try

I have my aircraft mechanics license and have probably applied to 200 jobs since I graduated. It’s hard to find a job as a new mechanic. Everyone wants experience.

I got offered a job in San Francisco, Denver, Michigan and I just interviewed for one in Hawaii but those are all too far from home. I want to relocate to Florida but can’t get anyone there interested.

So I applied for vocational rehabilitation today with the VA to see if I can get an apprenticeship, on the job training or non paid work experience to get some experience so someone will hire me. I wonder how this will affect my permanent and total disability rating if I am successful. But I think I should not stop trying to get better.

The last time I applied for Voc Rehab they wanted to put me on an independent living plan where they consider you too disabled to work and help you find hobbies and therapy. Hopefully my finishing a third college degree helps prove I still have some potential.

Wish me luck. We shall see.

1 Like

good luck. It sounds like you trained for an exciting job, I don’t blame you for wanting to do what you’ve actually trained to do. Keep your chin up.

1 Like

You’re one of my inspirations here, just so you know. I wish you luck with this and certainly think you deserve it.

:heart:

1 Like

That’s pretty remarkable. Good for you!

1 Like