Told to go to A&E (ER)

That’s tough to deal with.

I hope it gets sorted out too. Only certain meds tend to help me sleepc like the tricyclic antidepressant called Doxepin. My dr doesn’t allow traditional sleep meds. So I need other drugs to help me sleep.

You mean like Zopiclone and Zolpediem?

They didn’t work for more than a couple of days when I had those

Yes, those. I guess if you got used to them that fast they’re useless anyway. I get used to meds really fast too

1 Like

The mental health team are testing my blood today or tomorrow hopefully and doing an ECG

Hopefully my heart is not broken

3 Likes

Hope you get good news like me today.

2 Likes

Good luck! I hope you get the all clear

2 Likes

I got my bloods report back but struggling to understand it

There’s something called AST that’s 54 u/L when healthy range is 5-40

The Troponin I which I think is important is a text result that the graph won’t let me view

:grimacing:

1 Like

What is being tested?

AST is an enzyme found mostly in the heart and liver and to a lesser extent in skeletal muscle. When heart, liver or muscle cells are injured, they release AST into the bloodstream.

1 Like

Can you call your doc to get an explanation about your test results?

1 Like

The doctor is busy at the moment, and not seeing him until 7th November

A pharmacist from the MH team has been helping

She’s very good and got me an appointment for these tests yesterday

I think she’ll call me today, or I might get referred to general hospital if it’s bad I guess

3 Likes

Okay. I hope you receive your call this morning.

How are you feeling today? You seem to be up very early!

1 Like

Thanks @Jonathan2 - I hope it’s nothing too bad

Ok I guess. Been up since 3am. Cariprazine is going to take a while to get my sleep back I think

What about you? Are you back from your holiday?

2 Likes

Yes. I arrived back home yesterday afternoon. It feels like autumn in Belgium. It’s colder here. They are starting to drill for a renovation at the bank next to me and it’s 6 am.

Besides that I’m adjusting to every day life without an extraordinary view. I also stood on the scale today and I gained 3 kg in 2 weeks of holiday. So planning to do some extra effort to return to my perfect weight.

I’m feeling alright this morning. Going to go for a second coffee.

2 Likes

I really hope you get access to the newer medicine like ulotaront and karxt, your case sounds serious enough for doctor to write in and try to import those medicine if you can afford them

2 Likes

We can’t do that here. Our regulator is incredibly slow.

I remember there was someone in UK that managed to import caplyta via his psychiatrist?

2 Likes

Not something I heard of before.

Maybe they were a private patient?

I am reliant on the states mental health programme

There is a DNA test you can do, I wish I could remember the details, but it tells you which ap’s are likely to be metabolised quickly and therefore be ineffective, and which won’t. It might be worth asking about it or doing some research, even if you have to pay for the test yourself it could rule out some aps that are inappropriate.

2 Likes

It’s called Genesight. I had it done earlier this year.

It definitely helps with knowing which drugs you metabolize well and which you don’t- explained why my Zyprexa wasn’t working right, for example. But it has its limitations in that it cannot predict side effects.

I got put on Fetzima earlier this year as my AD, but went into a 12 day manic bender two weeks into it. Guess no one told the test I am bipolar sza. :wink:

I got put on Invega as my AP but my prolactin spiked and I ballooned 26 pounds in five months. Switching from that to Trilafon, also on my use list. That one does appear to be amazing and the best by far of the 6 I’ve been on in my life.

Glad i did it, and believe in its merits. Just be aware that it does have limitations.

My insurance didn’t cover it, but I had a guarantee that I wouldn’t be billed more than $350 so that’s what I paid. I definitely think it’s worth it

1 Like