Today's Little Victories/Misses

Today I spent a lot of time on the internet searching for job positions. I completed the applications for two jobs that aren’t exactly in my field but one is for a vet receptionist and there’s a discount on vet care if I get it! Super psyched for my cat if I can get an interview!

Then, I cleaned the bathroom/litter box area. Then, I packed a load of laundry into a little mesh hamper and set it by the door with the liquid detergent, but I did not actually do the laundry So close

I still haven’t done the dishes, except for one spoon for later and one fork that I’m going to eat my gas station tamale with. I’m hopeful about the job search and it was a good day. Ill be sipping on gin and juice later tonight as a reward for when I wash the dishes, but only after I wash the dishes.

stares at the pile of dishes in the sink out of the corner of my wide, frightened eyes

Did anybody else have a little victory today?

1 Like

Good luck on the job applications! I slightly adulted by calling a repair place for my laptop. I consider that a victory cause I normally have anxiety about doing that kind of stuff. =P

2 Likes

That’s great, you completed an uncomfortable task that you don’t like!

faced your fear, good for you :smiley:

I used to hate calling places because I’d fumble with words, but then I got a horrible job as a tele-worker so I had to sit there calling endless people. it was horrible, but now my telephone voice is hard-boiled from those four months of enduring terribly stilted phone conversations. I only lasted four months, though, and I’m so grateful I don’t have to talk on the phone anymore! Practice made me slightly less fumbly with words, though.

Condolences on the broken laptop, though, hopefully it will be a cheap and easy fix.

1 Like

Sounds like a good day. Hope you get the job. Today was my first day at my second volunteer job. They know I’m disabled and gave me easy tasks that I could take time doing. Then I had tea in the business district and a bowl of noodles. Then I went to meet with an advisor and now I’m back home about to watch Game of Thrones. I’m proud of how I didn’t crumble from a long day today. Also got started on applying for a case worker.

1 Like

Congratulations for your little victories. It’s great! :slightly_smiling_face: It’s with a lot of little victories that you end up with a big victory! :smiley:

I had a big victory today : a job offer. I’m going to have 2 more job interviews next Monday and I will take the best offer. :sunglasses:

2 Likes