Time for a new job

Sadly, my current job as a sales rep is ending. I can’t believe I have stayed on for 9 years (-1 for covid). It’s been an incredibly colorful journey- I’ve relearned how to communicate, made a few co-worker friends, and it’s kept my pocket full of coin.

I’ll most likely look for something in sales again. I’m thinking part-time as having lots of time off to sleep, eat, and do nothing is so nice. If the stars align, I’d get my disability reinstated- I’m disabled but able to work, which qualifies me for health insurance but not disability payments. I’m appealing their decision.

14 Likes

9 years is a long time. Congrats.

2 Likes

Hopes for an even better job for you, or disability payments. :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks. keep you posted :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

3 Likes

I’m working part-time – 4 days on, 3 days off. It’s been nice – that extra day on the weekend gives me a chance to reload. I hope you win your appeal. Also, 9 years on the job is nothing to sneeze at. Respect to you :+1:

2 Likes

Do you get medicare? Im curious if I will be able to keep medicare if I return to work

1 Like

@Tulane: Thanks. I am super grateful for the opportunity to work. Gratitude goes a long way, keeping one grounded and allowing others to know how appreciative one is.

@Rainstorm: I no longer qualify for medicare. When SSA terms disability, medicare goes with it. I live in California and I get health insurance through the state and county. Sorry if my original post caused confusion.

3 Likes

Sending all the good vibes I can your way @gene

:heart:

1 Like

I hope you either get a job you like and can do or you get SSDI. Best of luck to you

1 Like