The worst psychotic episode

It’s been four days since it happened, I tried writing it down on the forum but, I felt it triggering every time I try writing what had happened…Now I feel a little better and I can tell what had happened…

It was around 2:00 am and my mom told me that she’s going to sleep, I felt something happened with my head at that moment, she went to her bed room and I entered mine to grab something, when I got out seconds later I found her standing next to the heater, I looked at her and I didn’t recognize her, I had a strong feeling or more correctly I believed that she wasn’t my mom…! if I didn’t know that I’m a schizo I would have reacted differently and it was the reason that kept me calm, I was so afraid of her, she was my mom because logically things like that don’t happen in real life, but I was 100% sure it wasn’t her, and she looked so scary, she stood their for 15 minutes, talked to me as well, I kissed her goodnight and I was still believing that it wasn’t mom, and I had that paranoia feeling all that time until the sun light came up, it was so horrible…yesterday the same thing happened so I didn’t look at her face after I got afraid of her, I see a monster in her eyes and face…I hope that I don’t freak out or do something horrible…I was crying because of that…who can’t recognize their own mother !
What was your worst psychotic episode?

When I was 6 years old I had high fever. My mom turned into a witch who tried to grab me. I screamed and ran away from her. I can understand how you feel.

1 Like

ya, when I’m psychotic everything with a face and eyes frighten me, even dolls and pictures…

i am controlled now, but " my episodes " would be, me planning to kill people on mass and anyone who had wronged or hurt me, it’s a long list , but my psychosis happened on a daily basis that is why my shrink wanted to lock me up straight away ! by the way he was on my list too, just under the names of my parents !
take care

1 Like

The very worst one got me chased by the police and brought into the psych ward under restraints when I was 17. But the others are fairly common. There are a few that are a little funny to me when I calm down and manage to see out of them. The one that happens at least two to thee times a year is a bit benign and happened from a real event in my life.

I was 14, kid sis was 3, firework on 4th of July went through the kid sis’s window and caught the house on fire. I was also inside. I pulled her out, ran outside, beat out the flames and turned the garden hose on us. We both ended up in the burn ward.

To this day, something happens and I can see flame, smell the smoke, feel the hot, hear the fire and I grab my sister run outside, beat out the flames and turn the garden hose on her. When it happens to this day she knows exactly where this is going because she was in the fire too. The odd thing is, after something like that happens, she says her burn scars and skin graft scars hurt again.

1 Like

Worse for me? Or those around me?
Just the tip of the iceberg: the water cooler at 4AM started chanting, the room I’m in lights up, a devil? Flys up into the top corner of the window, every dog for many blocks starts howling/barking at the same time 4 AM!
Learning my (ex) husband had really died 3 months after we were married-and replaced by someone else. My cat says my name plain as day, over and over.
Mystery toys and woman’s hair objects keep appearing in my house.
The ? Men and women who keep watchful surveillance here.
The doggie in the corner of the window with a gun, the vampire dinner, the window being pushed in by aliens, the shadow of myself in the windowsill that projected an inverted shadow on the house next door-at 4AM!
The smoking swirly faces in the reflection of the picture frames from the shadows of trees outside-at 4PM every day in the fall.
The monitor mimics me in neighbors houses. Extra bight lights outside shining in on me. The phantom kids playing hide and seek in the hallway - we have no kids in our house! The phantom mom and 2 daughters in our attic, the tall stovepipe hat man in black gliding down our hallway, the man in a white t-shirt running past our kitchen, the man in dark blue hiding in the bedroom, the 2 men in black that knocked me down and locked me out of my bedroom.
Oh I could go on and on…I’d say it’s the worst continuing episode for the last 10 years.

1 Like

My worst psychotic episode… It was an ongoing episode for five days, where I had been planning to kill all the people who made my head hurt. I am autistic and cannot STAND loud noises. I had been hearing Aubrey and Wolf telling me to kill myself. They even went into my dreams and told me to kill myself and others. I finally couldn’t take it anymore and I talked to my school counselor about it, getting me hospitalized.

1 Like