More reseach much be done for schizophrenia and the meds that we use
I now know that meds are only one part of recovery
I now use my wellness tools ofjournaling, exericse and music
Lets thrive

6 Likes

I write weekly diary entries.
I listen to good music almost daily.
I also take abilify and thriving on it.
It’s not like before, but I’ve adapted pretty well.
There are some limitations.
Less energy and drive, the occasional mood dips, some anxiety…
All in all, it’s manageable.
And there’s still tomorrow.

Sounds good Andrey!

Keep up the good work!

Weight gain has been my physical challenge. Working on that now!

1 Like

Is that a poem or song or something, seeing as you put it into the creativity section?

we waiting for KarXT it should be alot better, but it still blocks dopamine indirect, so its not perfect but the side effect profile is bettter

If you haven’t already, take a look at Britney Spears doing her dance with knives on the internet. Do you think the drugs helped her? I wonder what she has been taking.

1 Like

So not funny but kinda is. SMH

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to be funny. I was trying to make a point. Once they put you on a major tranquilizer it is very hard to come off it. If they want to put me on one of those again they’re going to have to catch me first, because I will RUN!

1 Like

I know you weren’t trying to make fun of her I was just thinking she didn’t go to the same Dr I do she’d be in a ward.

I hope the KarX works out!

1 Like

That was the last thing on my mind.

1 Like

I”ve learned from the famous Danish Scientist Peter Gótch.
That Antipsychotics=neuroleptics=major tranqualizers = Haldol = Clopixol = Seroquel = Abilify = Latuda.

As he says antipsychotics are neuroleptics.
They are only good for calming diown the brain.
The only depresses everything that it means being human.

Well I have some good results from using Clopixol concurrently with Seroquel. So to say I’m still alife today because of those and other tranqualizers I”v used.

But I do agree with Peter in that my life was really depressing because of these neuroleptics. The drugs keot me barely alife but what a joyless life it was

No kidding. The old typical antipsychotics are miserable to take. Look what they did to Britney Speares. What could Britney have been doing to deserve such harsh treatment?

I hear you Crimby!

1 Like

I take perphenazine and a low dose of Abilify. Adding the low dose of Abilify really put me in more control of my feelings. I have gained 50lbs of fat from psychiatric meds. Anything that gives me relief from SZ is worth its weight to me. I did not really even want to exist with SZ. Weight gain is better then being suicidal to me. I still can try diet and exercise and medication to control cholesterol and blood sugar and blood pressure.

Crimby I’m on Seroquel (800 mg) just like Bretney was and I’m alsidig on 500 mg Clopixol LAI. These Two drugs makes me stay quiet and shut up most og the time. And what a relief for this Forum that I don’t respond on most of the post. Yes I guess I had’nt been here today if it was’nt for the pills.
But I still agree with Peter Gòtche that antipsychotics depresses everything it means being a human being.

1 Like

I hated Haldol. Worst one I tried. I mainly tried 2nd gen meds.

The atypicals don’t do that to me. I can take Geodon and Seroquel and still feel human. On Haldol I just feel like a useless lump of flesh.