The company I worked gave me- A huge fine!

I worked pretty well in the company and the day I fractured my nose I was not able to talk.

So my manager said I am fired so I stopped working and then the HR said you should have come to me.

I don’t understand this logic when my manager says I am fired how can I continue working when they don’t assign me work.

Now the company says to pay up 25000 rupees so that I can get my relieving letter.

I have sent the mail to the HR she is not replying.

Should I escalate in LinkedIn as I don’t have any other contact of them.

They should have fired me instead they made me drop the job and now they asking me to pay up.

I have no clue what kind of company is this.
I am feeling like an ass.

2 Likes

Is it legal that you have to pay?

2 Likes

No if only I need the work experience letter I need to pay them.

Edit : that letter is important if I need to work anywhere else.

2 Likes

That is extortion

3 Likes

I know I told them directly to fire me but they said to resign. Now I have to pay the amount of notice period. I did inform the HR I am willing to work notice period but she was hesitant.

4 Likes

@X_Y_Z

Did you work at a call center?

I wouldn’t pay them anything. Company sounds more like a liability than an asset.

2 Likes

Yes I did, U S insurance but still they are acting up on my nerve, I think if I stay silent they will take advantage of others too. I got to put this to a stop.

Edit:

Is it wise to get in touch with the company higher people through LinkedIn?

1 Like

Up to you man. India is way different than the way things work here.

3 Likes

Can you forge a work experience letter? Or does your future employer contact your previous employer

2 Likes

I’m really sorry that they’re treating you like this – not only did they fire you after you have an injury and you’re not able to work, but they’re also getting you to pay for this letter and making it look like you resigned

That’s so much money, like ~$459 AUD for just a letter

I hope you have a good recovery for your nose, i know fractures can take quite a while to heal and they can be pretty painful

I don’t know much about the dynamics of the company, but if you think there’s a chance that reaching to the higher-ups via LinkedIn might help to understand the unfairness of the situation, it might be worth trying. You were working pretty well at the company before that, like you said.

Because where did this fee come from? It’s not going to the higher-ups, the money is probably gonna go to the people who asked you to pay for this letter which they will write. At least if you contact the higher-ups, they can confirm whether this is company policy.

If the culture is the same with the higher-ups, at least we will know, though that would be extremely disappointing too.

I also don’t know if these HR people will react badly and not write a good letter, if reaching to the higher-ups doesn’t work out well.

But i think you have the best sense of which way things might go, so it is up to you.

2 Likes

They will call and check on the previous employer.
It’s a mandatory process called background verification.
I think if I shift field of work the last experience won’t count.

2 Likes

Its for notice period. Like if I resign I need to work for a month or two as per my post. Which I did not because of HR. Now they say to pay up.

I will keep a follow up every week.

1 Like

Sounds illegal, I’d hire an attorney.

3 Likes