The best present i ever got was

Another – my matchbox cars my dad had when he was a kid …

3 Likes

I’m sorry @Ninjastar

3 Likes

It’s okay @Wave @DNA. It was almost 13 years ago at this point. It still sucks, but I’m moving forward now.

3 Likes

I was a tomboy. My brother and I both got basketballs only mine was yellow. I thought that was cool. (Girls basketball was almost unheard of where and when I was a kid).

4 Likes

A robe my mom made for me and also a jacket she made. Unfortunately I don’t have neither both of them. I wish I had kept them.

2 Likes

One year I asked for 2 feather pillows, a huge jar of green olives and pickles. I was 6 lol

I got what I asked for…

4 Likes

It wasnt on christmas, but when I turned 13 I got my kitty (who’s still alive to this day) and a copy of GTA San Andreas the 2nd day it came out.

Best.day.of.my.life

:cat2: :video_game:

4 Likes

When I was married to my abusive husband, he used to ignore my birthday. One of those birthdays, my mom sent me a bouquet of white tulips. Just simple, elegant white tulips. To this day it makes me cry. So beautiful.

4 Likes

Slot cars are so fun. If I had the room I’d still be playing with those things. Maybe I could get a wall one :+1:

4 Likes

The best present this year has definitely been Starlet showering without a fuss for the past two weeks.

5 Likes

Good to hear about Starlet. Does he love his new gaming pc?

2 Likes

We were still playing with them in high school. When my friends older brother moved out we used half of his old bedroom to set up a track. It was funny because my friend made friends with some of the popular tough stoners and they would come over and we would all be playing with this race set. Kind of incongruous.

4 Likes

I used to have a decent setup in our old basement. Dad and I got a huge sheet of plywood and rested in over the foosball table. Instant slot car track. I can’t remember how many cars I burned out. I played like the thing was going out of style. I think there is gonna be a resurgence soon for the slot cars. Well, a Skunk can dream. Vinyls are coming back. Slot cars can too.

5 Likes

Cool, we did the same thing you did with the plywood. We had all kinds of those little cars. When they broke we would canabilize them and take parts off several cars to make one good car. Yeah, those were the days; I feel like buying a set right now. Sure, if they resurge I’ll get out my old bell bottom jeans, put a record on the turntable and race until I wear down my hand to a stub.

5 Likes

The best present I got was a roti maker which is chappatiii maker or bread maker u can say …

4 Likes

I had at least 50 of those matchbox cars. They weren’t all in the best condition but they were pretty cool.

In seventh grade I wasn’t playing with them anymore so my mom thought it would be nice to give them away to the little neighbor kid. Being a good son I complyed. Being a semi rotten adult I now wish I had kept them, some of them were probably worth a lot more than I paid for them now.

2 Likes

A huge framed poster of the Jackson 5.
My step mom got it for me.

It’s damaged now but I still display it in my basement.

3 Likes

Best present I ever got was a sparkly, bright blue, banana seat bike when I was about nine years old.

3 Likes

Best present to date is my running shorts they are so cool.

And my exercise bike that I gt for my bday cos its so practical. Hate the gym

2 Likes

Myne was a Dreamcast when they first come out. Had some pretty fun times as a kid playing Sonic Adventure and Ready to Rumble Boxing.

2 Likes