Teaching my chick to fly

Been giving Princess Pixel driving lessons every evening this month. She nailed parallel parking four times in a row tonight. Driver’s road exam on Sep 14. She’s already picking out a new stereo for her car, too:

Man, what happened to the five-year-old it seems I was just bouncing on my knee?!?

Off to bed. G’nite all.

9 Likes

How old is she …has she gotten any driving lisense !!! In our country one have to cross 18 yrs to own lisense …!!!

I think Canada is 16

1 Like

Driving is a great skill for our modern world. You have a car you get places…we don’t need Pixel…that is a good thing.

And…if your on the drink or something mrs can pick you up! Good skills.

My new ride doesn’t have a working stereo…I’m music mad but I don’t mind it…I often find myself singing random shite whilst I’m driving…It’s not a bad cop to have no stereo…but I wouldnt’ say no to one! haha!

1 Like

I think it’s still 16 here in California too. Back in 1975 when I was 15 you could get what they called a “learners permit”. If you were 15 and passed a driving class they would give you a permit that would let you drive a car if you were driving with a licensed driver who was over 21 years old.

1 Like

Yeah same here in Michigan

1 Like

She turns 16 in 4 days. She can’t get the license until she passes her road exam on Sep 14th.

The learner’s permit age where I live is 14. You can get your driver’s license when you turn 16, although it is restricted at first.

Haven’t been on the drink for over 25 years and counting.

@shutterbug @far_cry0 I prefer public transportation…
Take care…

1 Like

I live in a rural area with no public transportation. I walk to most places in town when I am not pressed for time and don’t have to carry something heavy.

3 Likes

wawwwww she is a true princess! :smiley: Happy to hear!! Good job !!

1 Like

Her mom is like Queen E and I’m more like Prince Phillip. :wink:

3 Likes

Ive never had to parallel park… i dont think many american kids would pass their test if that was on there…lol point canada…

1 Like

Yeah,

I had to parallel park for my driving test,

Ran over the cones and failed. Cried in the DMV for several minutes.

When I came back to take the test again, I only knocked over 3 out of 4 cones,

The lady doing the test said she didn’t see anything and gave me a license anyway,

I think they just didn’t want me to make a scene again.

Effective strategy…

3 Likes

To be honest…i ran a stop sign on my test… still passed… that may not say much about my driving skills…but it speaks volumes about americas driving test lol…

1 Like

It was in my driving test. I took my driving test a month after Crunk and his sidekick Oompa invented the wheel.
I passed my first try.

The very first day I got my license I got pulled over for not completely stopping at a stop sign. I was actually only doing what we call here the “California Roll”. NO ONE here comes to a complete stop at a stop sign. The cop let me go with a warning.

It was kind of interesting because it was a lady cop which believe it or not was uncommon in 1978, at least in my county.

1 Like

I was speeding during my driving test lol

Tbh I was only going with the flow of traffic lol

2 Likes

@anon1571434 What town/city do you live in?

I live in waterford

I live in Clinton Township, you’re not that far out.

Interesting. How did you know what state I lived in lol