TDCS got rid of my treatment resistent hallucinations

So after searching for around two years for a doctor who could preform this treatment, my primary who is the Chair Of Psychiatry at UCR told me that the office above him was being taken by a Neuromodulation Practitioner. I was very happy at first but then I became worried about the cost. Fortunately for me the costs were covered, not by insurance but by someone I know. I underwent the treatment for about several weeks. Immediately after the first treatment my hallucinations were barely audible and I could easily ignore them.

The treatment was http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4351567/

It has been over two months and the hallucinations are negligible and they are rarely there. Unfortunately the annoyance of the hallucinations has been replaced by thoughts. At times I am at peace and at other times I think a lot. All in All TDCS was a great decision and worked very well. It can be done at home too, although that I will not try.

I also tried Theta Burst to the Cerebellum, TDCS to the supraorbital region, and Bifrontal TDCS.

3 Likes

I’m happy to hear that it worked for you, @cole. I also tried TDCS earlier this year, for negative symptoms. But it proved ineffective.

1 Like

Can you share the price that you were charged for the service?

Also - Here is more info on it for people:

Andrey,

How much did it cost you for the TDCS? And what country/state are you in? (just trying to get some idea of the cost of this service around the world).

2 Likes

$50-75 per session.

USA, CA Orange County

I live in Romania, Eastern Europe. I self-administered the TDCS procedure, so it only cost me about $100 to buy a device. I emulated the protocol used by German scientists at Munich University Hospital, so right now I’m pretty confident that TDCS is ineffective against negative symptoms in people with deficit schizophrenia.

I think I’m going to try this for negative symptoms using the montage from a research article I read on here. I found a nice list of montages on Total tdcs as well.

Let us know how it goes if u do. Maybe @Andrey 's didn’t work cuz his wasn’t protocol. It’s prolly hype, so much placebo out there. I heard that ketamine helps anhedonia in depressed ppl, would like to try it, once it’s legal.

Can you tell me what montage was used on you?

Yes, of course. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4351567/

How many sessions total have you had? You mention you had these TDCS sessions for a few weeks right? Were they ever day, or every few days, or every week?

Thanks for the information - very interesting.

Every day for about two weeks.

1 Like