Tactile hallucinations

Please don’t hurt yourself

2 Likes

No I don’t do drugs. And as far as supplements I take one gummy vitamin a day sometimes.

Stims are great what kind do you use?

1 Like

I can’t take benzos but I hope you can find a way to take them when you need

Talking makes it worse for me. It makes me get stuck in the past more

for grounding techniques

The one I always do is try to describe my surroundings for example “I’m in my bedroom the walls are blue. I have purple shelves. I’m laying on my bed. The sheets are green. The sheets feel silky.” And just keep going like that.

I also find counting objects helps. Like how many pillows. Number of green things. Ceiling tiles etc.

Also strong scents such as coffee and mint can help ground. Or something to taste like a little sugar.

Stim toys are great fidget spinners to slime to pens that do the clicky thing. They give you something to do and I find they help me with anxiety.

anything you can touch technically even a rock can be good just feel it and take in the texture. But I find ice is a good thing to feel.

Also drinking/eating something and really focusing on the flavor and texture.

Also I find asking myself simple questions about who I am. where I am. what year it is. my favorite color. Basic stuff helps me stay present and remind myself that I’m safe.

This is good advice. I’ll try to remind myself of it in future!!

Thank you @Berru sorry I took so long to reply!

1 Like

“past”

This is pearl of wisdom here. Many of us have had bad things happen. Constant
ruminating over it, I think, always makes it worse. I think this is what makes bad therapist/counselors, IMHO.

Leaving all that where it belongs, in the past, allows us to be right here, right now. It gives us the opportunity for this decade, year, month or day to be good.

Hashing over and over, we are still letting that person try to destroy us. Abuse is not about sex or anger. Destruction and the power trip is what abuse is about.

Taking power back is putting aside the past. Doing something good for yourself today that you enjoy is a powerful thing for people to do.

Always take revenge by having a good life anyway. Having a fullfilling life, being happy, those are the things that really eat them up inside. The best part is we can do that with out ever thinking of them again. Ever.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m working on that… it’s really hard to move past though… especially since its pretty much influenced every aspect of my life.

It’s not gonna go away. At least not instantly. I doubt I’ll ever be fine.

I’m stuck in the past and there’s no way out. I never got to be a kid. I’m just a useless psycho like they all told me. It’s fine. I’m used to it. Everything always hurts but I’m an idiot and I still think things can improve.

But my words mean nothing nobody cares about the stupid kid that let themselves get beaten and used and raped over and over. We need to get over it. Just always have to get over it. It doesn’t matter it’s in the past. It’s always there. I hate it. I’m not allowed to suffer or I’m considered weak I hate it.

My fidget cube is my favorite one. I also tap my fingers a lot. If I have a chair I can spin in, I find spinning calming and very therapeutic. Various other little things I don’t think about.

2 Likes

Oh sorry, I hope you find something that works for you then :disappointed:

1 Like

Yep, they are not nice at all for me personally, I used meds and I try to keep my mind straight…

As a fellow kid that also “let” themselves be beaten and raped over and again as a child, I don’t think nobody cares. I care.

1 Like

Also, you’re not stupid.

1 Like

I used to have tactile hallucinations that lasted multiple months and wouldn’t go away no matter the dose or the med. The good news, is that I don’t have this problem now that I’m seroquel which seems to be working for me. My tactile hallucinations generally consisted of hands grabbing me, certain body parts feeling like it’s on fire, and occasionally I would feel like my body is vibrating. Generally when these tactile hallucinations would occur, I would just do push-ups or any other type of exercise in my garage while listening to music to distract myself.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.