Striving to be happy

everyone says it make the most of life ill go swimming then I go all weird and paranoid then I get really really fearful…fear is the enemyyy.

1 Like

Exactly. Fear will keep you second guessing yourself. It takes time but if you try to understand your fears you can eventually be free of them.

1 Like

Fear sucks man its a doorway to other stuff anxiety paranoia delusion.

1 Like

Reminds me of this quote from Dune by Frank Hebert.

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

4 Likes

It isn’t talked about often but this illness is full of fear. You deserve to be happy and I hope you can get past that fear.

It’s funny that @Maggotbrane quoted Frank Herbert because I’ll admit that I’ve repeated that litany to myself before in real life when scared. I know it’s from a fictional book and that it was a bit silly, but it helped me.

2 Likes

Same here, that’s why I thought of it.

I also used to recite this one when I was getting too grandiose.

“Here lies a toppled god, his fall was not a small one. We did but build a pedestal, a narrow and a tall one.”

1 Like

hi guys I did it I just got back from swmming I talked to my sister yesterday and she said its ok to make mistakes I never though of myself as a perfectionist before but I guess I am.
I think what ive learnt is the fear doesn’t go awaybut you do it even thought your scred/nervous. im proud of myself thankyou everyone!

Fear is painful… I know I was getting it when I didn’t want to deal with my emotions, I was basically hiding from myself. Hope you are able to get a handle on things <3

1 Like

That’s so true. Fear has robbed me of so much.

1 Like