Stem cells show promise-but they also have a darker side

7 Likes

Nuclear fission showed promised and it had a dark side too.
Think nuclear power plants vs nuclear bombs.
It doesn’t mean we shouldn’t pursue this avenue. Just take the necessary precautions.

2 Likes

Some other say stemcell is unethical .but it has cured mouse model of sz…

5 Likes

Here is an article from August 2016:

2 Likes

Andrey posted it before…!!!

3 Likes

Nuclear fission was churned into a functional science for the purpose of it’s dark side…

I still get lost thinking about how the German Nazi are just ■■■■■■ and how much I love Richard Feynman’s character…

Fall in love with America all over again…

Dude that ■■■■ is impressive. We ended a world war… twice… and that’s the most militant we’ve been.

Let’s cut the ■■■■ and just acknowledge the world needs police.

I’m only a pseudo-nationalist… but damn… as an american adult you start seeing why the states are the way they are… and there is a whole lot of brass crass against doing anything wrong at all. Their are levels of strict so thick up there that no ordinary human being could ever conform to… then they go off and giggle about it later.

boom!

Enough explosive force to trigger seismic activity just from mirrored impact on the surface… ain’t nothing safe no more… except for the fact that it is those bombs themselves that keep it that way, just by laying around…

puffs a cigar

Yup dem commie sum bitches ain’t no what’s good for em… but what they do know is that shouldn’t ever mess with us…

America wins… let’s have a barbecue and forget the malarkey

1 Like

I agree about the world being in need of a big brother, the problem is there is this gap between technology and civilization. Technology advances far more steeply than our moral compass can keep up.

What’s the first thing you think of when you see this?

if it’s not things edging on the realm of perversion, then I don’t like you.

1 Like

dude… the digery-do-nots literally just want to die and go to heaven… they hate science and they don’t think much of anything should change… it makes them question morality and their god’s word… and it’s just frankly dumb to really come across people who are still living for what comes next.

That said they aren’t naturalists… they’re spiritualists… like they are the worst thing from the planet because they are twice removed from being grounded and don’t even give a ■■■■ about the future because they are deluded into believing that that great wink of death is just a door way to what’s next and supposedly… PERFECT!!!

hahaaaaaa

dude gotta love that their are enough people around who see it straight… we are going to fix human life… you can’t stop it… who cares if we integrate with computers and lose our genders… ■■■■’s just crap and noise for people to talk over and fail to live up too… hahahaha

oh my god the ironies of being a cosmic dissociate.

1 Like

I don’t know where the “dark” side is as referenced in the article. It’s just not a mature technology yet.

They have figured out how to test lab grown cells for mutations that can lead to cancers.

CRISPR has promise for editing in diseases with a genetic component.

There was at least one case of a completely unqualified vision center injecting people’s eyeballs and blinding them. But that was not a failure of the technology so much as they did not differentiate or use them in the appropriate way. It’s a good reason to not consider stem cell therapy except from research hospitals.

Dark side?? I was expecting something, well, darker. The implications of severely injured people living longer but possibly with only a partial recovery, in the further future, people living a long time and how population growth and employment would have to change, the problems of potentially only the wealthy having access to these technologies, etc. Not just “the technology isn’t mature yet”. For that matter, new medications have a dark side then.

1 Like

Ur right sister twinklestars…love from Nepal.

I don’t think you know what a nationalist is. It’s not someone who loves their country. It’s the name a group of Neo-nazis gave themselves to describe their belief that all non-white people should be deported to whatever country their ancestors came from. Which makes no sense, because white people arent from America, but it’s what they believe.

Edit: apparently I was thinking of neo-nationalists. I have had run-ins with them in the past, so seeing the name kind of hit me.

Yeah no…

na·tion·al·ism
ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/Submit
noun
patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.
synonyms: patriotism, patriotic sentiment, flag-waving, xenophobia, chauvinism, jingoism
"their extreme nationalism was frightening"
an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.
plural noun: nationalisms
advocacy of political independence for a particular country.

(from google)

Has nothing to do with facism or racism… it’s a bias of dominance all the same, but it is merely political…

One thing to be proud of in being an American is the recognition of diversity and the slowly but certainly churning cauldron of the melting pot.

1 Like

Yeah, like I said, I was thinking of the neo-nationalists, who have given me such amazing lines as, “You should be sold for camels, not here pretending your opinion matters.” The name has kind of stuck with me, since they so proudly proclaimed it.

asshats methed up to the gills… I heard a neo Nazi quote Malcom X once… I laughed till my sides hurt ignorant bastards…

1 Like