Staying away from tv shows about serial killers

There’s a couple of shows about serial killers on Netflix. A couple of documentaries and a couple of made up tv shows. I don’t think those are healthy to watch. I’m staying away from them. It’s hard to watch violence in movies in tv shows now anyways. After I watched Dexter I had terrible thoughts. Don’t want to go down that road again.

5 Likes

Yea man these things set me off big time too - I try to stay away from violence on TV. If there’s anything about animals suffering on TV that’s enough to give me sleepless nights

4 Likes

When I was in psychosis all I could watch was cartoons. I feel fine watching anything now. A good doc is wormwood. Surprisingly I had no problem watching that either. It’s about how the CIA killed one of their scientists.

1 Like

I always wondered what wormwood was about. Thanks.

All I watch is family guy, southpark, it’s always sunny in Philadelphia, and the Big Bang theory. Scary movies. Yikes.

3 Likes

Yeah I tend to avoid those shows as well. Gruesome, “blood and guts” stuff gets me in a really bad head-space.

3 Likes

Hearing the stories like why someone became a serial killer or something. I just don’t want to feel like it’s okay or have any drive to end up like them. Just not even going to watch.

1 Like

Why would you have a drive to be a serial killer? You’re a sz not a psychopath.

3 Likes

I’ve had psychopathic thoughts when I smoked and went to college. I don’t get those thoughts anymore.

1 Like

I stay away from those shows too. I just don’t see why I’d wanna watch those shows.

1 Like

I don’t nor ever have had any thoughts about killing anyone. The closets I ever came was a stupid threat to somebody about 3000 miles away. I did it because I felt scared and wanted them to have recourse for their actions. They didn’t actually do anything it was just my delusions.

As far as what you said I wouldn’t ever tell anybody that again. They might lock you in prison or a mental hospital for life.

1 Like

It’s just a reminder to myself to do nothing.

@Tyme

Cartoons fricken rock. Meep. Meeeep!

2 Likes

I get the urge to fight back against the people I fear because of my paranoid sz. But then I just think I’m ■■■■■■ anyway and their isn’t ■■■■ I can do about it. That seems pretty normal for paranoid schizophrenics. With that said, there is a huge gap between thinking that something and actually doing it. If I was you I wouldn’t fret over it much.

You’ve been part of my delusions recently. I don’t think you have ax and are part of the group persecuting me.

1 Like

They do!!!

2 Likes

I was introduced to Jeffrey dahmer ted Bundy and John Wayne gacy at 8 years old my simple uncle told me all about them couldn’t fall asleep that night until there was daylight. That night I had to go pee soooo bad but I didn’t wanna get off the bed until the Sun came out that morning

1 Like

I agree. I don’t need to fill my head with that stuff. I got into videos on YouTube about “bullies owned” or “bullies Ko’d” for awhile. They were satisfying to watch but too much of it messed with my mind. So I switched over to lion cubs and "Friends " clips, lol.

1 Like

I’m the same. I even stay away from reading that kind of stuff.

1 Like

some movies trip me out, like the truman show, just watched clips on youtube and got scared i might get convinced that crap was happening to me, otherwise im pretty cool with just about anything, heh heh

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.