Split/multiple personality in sz

Trying on women’s clothes at age 12 was the absolute smartest decision I have ever made :joy: seriously I recommend it if your opened minded

Lol no thanks but glad that you like it.

1 Like

I thought I had this or some sort of dissociating because I don’t have a clue about things I done and said when Ill.

1 Like

No SZ and DID are two completely different diagnoses. (Also just so everyone knows Multiple Personality Disorder is an outdated term)

DID comes from severe child abuse.

Also another thing that’s a requirement is dissociation. So basically that can look like complete black outs/ out of body feelings.

Also DID requires a completely separate identity.

For example My name is E, I am 26, I identify as nonbinary, my hobbies include videogames, Dnd and drawing. I’m also pretty introverted.

One of my alters is named A. He is about my age, and identifies as male. His hobbies and interests include mainly fashion and shopping. He is incredibly extroverted.

(Names changed for our privacy)

So to put it simply we are entirely different people.

And also these identities need to coexist. So how you were before and during psychosis wouldn’t count as separate identities.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

1 Like

That’s true, my 2 personalities don’t coexist. I just can remember my presz better personality from my memory. I don’t know if I will be my presz self again.

1 Like

How did you find out you had alters?

1 Like

You need to forget who you were, and what you achieved.

Sz hit the reset button. And it creates a massive puzzle with many pieces that you need to painstakingly put together to navigate your way to a new life.

There is absolutely no point in trying to look back and see what you have lost. You need to be thinking about the future, and what you want out of life.

Sz is not the only disorder that messes up peoples lives.

The art of being able to re-build, and doing so in a sustainable way is what needs to happen.

If people give up on you, and you give up on yourself, it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy and you will lead a life controlled by your illness.

You just need a ■■■■ it attitude and just push on in a direction of your choice.

I could have had a pHD in Sociology by now, but that is an aim/dream/possible reality from when I was studying and getting good grades.

Now I am not that person anymore. I am so disconnected from my previous self, that I am now re-invented, and have new priorities.

1 Like

Well mainly a professional diagnosis confirmed my suspicions.

I had lots of blackouts ending up in places I didn’t recognize while people would call me by a name that wasn’t mine.

Also family and friends would comment on my “strange” behavior. For example me behaving very stoic or sucking my thumb when I am not likely to do those things

Also sometimes when I dissociate its like I’m in the back seat of my body and I’ll watch my alters do things though it feels very dream-like

Also i found we could communicate through writing. And it’s a decent way to learn about them!!

Genuinely once I figured out I had DID it just made so much sense and it explained so much. It explained a lot of things that were happening to me.

I hope this made sense

That’s interesting thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I have DID. As others have said it’s a different disorder from schizophrenia, but it is possible to have both. As a matter of fact, some of the alters could be schizophrenic and others not.

Some of my personalities are transsexual, and when I am getting/feeling close to them, I get trans too. Normally, my gender is neutral. Maybe you could call it genderqueer or something, and it may be a reflection of the DID.

-Albert.

1 Like

I may have several personalities. But, they dont always do much. They just roll around in my head driving me insane. I guess thats the voices. Maybe Id do better if I had good insight.

2 Likes

Doesn’t sz mean split mind?

I personally think I’m two people.

Not as in mpd

But just two people cos I feel it. And it’s not the ‘profesanl and non professional mask’ type cos I feel uncomfortable so it’s something else even if it’s not always obvious

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.