Sound production Interview

Tomorrow at 10am i am having an Interview for a sound production course, Its a full time course 3 days a week and i am just going to have to pray that i can do it. I hope i get it (i think)

10 Likes

Best of luck with it. It sounds interesting.

1 Like

Is that like sound for live shows and things?

1 Like

You will knock it out of the park hap! Just be yourself

1 Like

You always get the most interesting jobs.

1 Like

that time as a cleaner was terrible though lol

You will study the usage of microphones and other hardware in various contexts as well as DAW functionality using industry standard software such as Pro Tools and Ableton Live.

By conducting your own recording sessions under supervision from your lecturers, you will explore practical audio editing skills that are used for both TV & Film and Game design, as well as evolving your ability to create simple song arrangements and productions within a music context and mixing in various formats.

Throughout your course, you’ll build on your knowledge on the subject of Sound for Live Events where you’ll have access to various live performance spaces further developing your critical listening skills and using a range of analogue and digital mixing desks, PA systems and microphone arrays.

During the course you will develop an understanding of the professional skills, work habits, and attitudes expected by the Music and Sound Production industry. This will include client interaction, working in teams, delivering high quality work to tight deadlines and decision making.

You’ll also be encouraged to work with students from other disciplines including Music, Music Business and Film & TV collaborating on projects that will introduce you to working in real-life situations.

By enrolling in an approved Avid Learning centre, opportunities exist to complement your learning by studying optional industry led qualifications such as Pro Tools 101 / 110.

Units include:

• Sound Engineering and Production
  • Live Sound
  • Synthesis & Sampling
  • MIDI Sequencing
  • Sound Design
  • Music Remixing
  • Recording Studio Techniques
  • Digital Media
2 Likes

I’m not sure this is right for me, man it is so hard to choose what to do, all the other ones i looked at looked a lot harder, reading that again i wish i had help with it.

1 Like

my brother uses ableton live a lot for music

good luck with the course!

2 Likes

That sounds incredibly complete and comprehensive. Hopefully it will lead to a position if that’s what you’re looking for. I like that they included an introduction to what will be expected of you. That’s one thing that was missing from my course in graphic arts. Preparation for real-world experiences. I did learn that on my own though

1 Like

If you have any questions about Pro Tools, lay it on me. I’m not an advanced user, but I am quite proficient and use it daily

2 Likes

I recently downloaded cakewalk but ironically the audio wasn’t coming through

I’ve never heard of that one. Have you ever tried Reaper? It is open source, so it’s cheap. I think it’s only $60 for the full-blown version

1 Like

Good luck! I hope it goes well

1 Like

I bought it but i didn’t like it so i tried to get a refund but they said no, i have the code for it somewhere in my emails

cakewalk by bandlab is the best free daw going, its jam packed with stuff

1 Like

That’s good to know. I just bought a new iMac, and was considering switching to Reaper rather than pay for Pro Tools, which has gotten quite expensive. I am also considering Studio One by PreSonus. My friend uses it, and it’s very intuitive

It’s around $500 Canadian for the full version, about a hundred and thirty for the artist version

1 Like

I think cakewalk is just for windows but maybe if you use bootcamp it could work not sure lol

1 Like

IMac ship with a free program called GarageBand. I’ve never actually tried it, maybe it’s all I need

1 Like

watched a couple of vids and most of these guys are way younger and way cooler than me :frowning: i feel like a dinosaur and a lame one at that

1 Like

Maybe you bring more wisdom to the table though. That’s something that only comes with time and living

1 Like

I’ll give it a go, I’ll do the interview and see what happens,

1 Like