Some good news

I should hopefully be discharged on Monday.

Spent over 4 months detained under the mental health act.

It should have been 2 months or less but I got stuck on a PICU ward as there were no beds available on acute wards in my local area.

Once again I’m coming off meds when I’m out; I need high testosterone.

My illness is sleep related. Insomnia induced psychosis.

So if I manage my sleep I should be Ok.

If I ever become unwell again I might be able to catch it before it’s too late.

I’m asymptomatic again and in remission.

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

5 Likes

Bro are you sure you can be off meds?

What are your t leveles atm?

2 Likes

Not too sure on t levels ATM but I was 330 back in Jan I think. The highest I’ve seen in 7 years.

Rn I must be sub 200ng/dl. I need blood work done when I get home.

The meds aren’t doing anything as I have no symptoms so I should be fine thanks.

1 Like

Have you thought about trt?

1 Like

PICU sucks… Very chaotic on the ward last time I was sectioned in PICU.

1 Like

If you truly have schizophrenia then I would strongly suggest not to come off your meds.
This practice seems to be trending here as of late

Not a smart idea

4 Likes

I have but I don’t want my testes to shrink.

I was also thinking of doing it and then tapering off to see if my natural T levels return to normal. I was thinking androgel and not the pin.

1 Like

I don’t have constant symptoms though; my illness remits and relapses, as does my insomnia episodes.

I think I have to just manage my sleep.

Okay keep in mind that your t is somewhat low… u would qualify for it I think.

I would investigate gel vs shot, but I think nowadays shot is better.

If you go off meds by your part without a pdoc, even of you are stable now, you will fall again. Prob in less that 2 month. That is more brain damage and more sedating meds. Keep thst in mind

1 Like

I did 11 months no meds in July 2022- June 2023

but insomnia occurred

and then delusions

then section

1 Like

Forgot to mention that I suspect my insomnia over the years and psychotic episodes could be related to chronically low testosterone.

It’s not entirely implausible…

1 Like

You see? I also did 8 or 9 months no meds.

Why exactly do you want to quit meds? I don’t believe your t is gonna magically rise up if u quit…

1 Like

Want to quit cos too many side effects; low T; hyperlipidaemia, risk of metabolic syndrome (I’m obese with muscle), and of course the sexual dysfunction… I want a girlfriend, or to get married, and I crave a sex life again.

Also I don’t believe there is a chemical imbalance in my brain. Why do my dopamine receptors need blocking? Nobody; not even a scientist can prove d2 hyperactivity in any given person.

1 Like

Idk man. They do work. You do you ofc.

But you can medicate for low t, sex drive issues etc.

1 Like

I’m gonna risk it. As long as I stay symptomless.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.