Smokers are in distress here

My friend is a heavy smoker and suffers from depression and loneliness. He has suicidal ideation. He can’t afford his best friends and little pleasure the ciggis not much longer. Should I let him suicide?

You should suggest that he sees a doctor. Maybe he just needs an antidepressant.

3 Likes

Smoking cigarettes can be a coping strategy for depression

3 Likes

Life can be good without cigs! Does he take an ad?

1 Like

He is in mental health care and takes antidepressants and antipsychotics. He is very intelligent (rocketscientist) and convinced it’s the end of the world. He has no self-doubt whatsoever.

2 Likes

You should not just sit back and let your friend commit suicide. Try to convince him to tell the pdoc about his thoughts. Tell him about crisis lines. If necessary, contact his family for an intervention. They could have him committed too so he can get the treatment he needs.

Paging @Bowens , @anon4362788 , @rogueone , @Ninjastar for anti suicide and crisis resources for your friend.

1 Like

If you are feeling suicidal or having a mental health crisis, please tell someone — a friend or family member, a teacher, a doctor or therapist or call 911 (if you’re in the U.S.) or the Emergency Medical Services phone number in your country.

You can also call a crisis intervention hotline—these are available in the U.S. and in many other countries. You do not need to be actively suicidal to benefit from a crisis hotline.

International crisis hotlines:

Crisis hotlines in the U.S.:

More resources:

1 Like

I am doing nightshift, he is sleeping. He says human mankind can’t sustain itself anymore. 2 billion out of our current population of 8 billion may survive. Nature’s selection, survival of the foetus. He is a real rational thinker, he didn’t grew up with a mum. He doesn’t drink or smoke ganja, just tabbacco. I told him to wait by next year Easter he will feel like thirty again. Total nohoper…and we are going on about stupid cigarettes.:sob:…and they never smoked ever after, happy end.:rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.