Sleeping whole day

My father has recently been diagnosed with schizophrenia, he is on medication and hallucinations symptoms are better than earlier but he is sleeping excessively, almost 10 am to 6 pm in moring and then again 10 pm to 6 am in night, is this expected or does he needs some more help in this area? Any suggestions would be appreciated… thanks

3 Likes

Everyone is different, I sleep a lot and I’m older, when I was young I could go on little sleep

I need 12 hours of sleep per night.

1 Like

The drugs have a impact on this.

Most I have tried I used to sleep a lot. I am now on Aripiprazole and I cannot get more than about 5 hours sleep and up at like 3am

Where are u from puja…!!!

U can log in to…!!!

2 Likes

Clozaril makes me sleep about 13 hours a night.

1 Like

I sometimes sleep 12-16 hrs. It depends really

2 Likes

I been sleeping 12 hours lately. Might be the trazedone. I only slept like 8 hours last night though, I’m happy and got alot done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It could be a sign of being over-medicated or a sign of severe depression, talk to doctors about it please

1 Like

I was sleeping 10 - 11 hours at night and 2 hours napping and it was really getting me mad at myself and depressed. When awake I was often deeply worried. I am on Zyprexa 20 mg and Gabapentin 600 mg bid. My doctor is unavailable for 2 weeks. My mother has pulled me out of this, at least for the moment. I am so thankful for her.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.