Should I work with my dad?

I have the opportunity of working with my dad. I haven’t got a job and I need money to achieve my goals and live my life (travels, toys, interchange, leisure, etc). I tried to work with my dad this year but I felt the work was boring. I couldn’t stand such boredom. But during that time, I didn’t have crystal clear goals. I didn’t have the why of working and persist in a job with my dad. I wasn’t even aware of my values. Everyday I try to visualize my goals and it motivates me to keep moving.

What I like while working with my dad is that I can improve my linguistics skills (because I talk with many tourists from around the world), my sales skills and keep going to an environment where I can interact with different people.

What I don’t like is that my dad and sinbling are hard to deal with because I’m the younger. We have divergence of ideas. I’m not easy to deal with as well.

1 Like

I think this is a great place to start. Once you get experience it is easy to move up. Treat it like a real job. Ask for pay and try not to let your dad baby you. Gain experience in something and the next job will be easier to get.

3 Likes

i dont know what to advise you, ive never had any real emloyment experience myself. i would guess its good to work with your father because he will make accomodations for your illness and likely wont discriminate against you for it. what other options do you have as far as work?

1 Like

I can work as a translator (freelancer) or find any job (as shop assistant for example).

1 Like

I also think that, but I don’t want to work as an employee forever. I want to have my own business one day.

I have thoughts of starting my own business too. If that is what you want, maybe do that. In my mind I have lots of things I want to buy like a car so I will start with a real job. Don’t feel like you need to be successful all at once. You learn something from anything you do in life. You will not regret working.

2 Likes

If you can get along with your dad, it sounds like a good opportunity @DelusionalSoldier.

2 Likes

As long as you need money you should bear boredom
Cest la vie

1 Like

It sounds like a good idea to work with your father @DelusionalSoldier.
Good luck!

1 Like

■■■■, guys, I feel miserable while working with my dad. It’s not happy as Larry as many think. There is no purpose, a lot of negative people and colleagues, and selling Havaianas doesn’t inspire me.

1 Like

If I were you I would try one of the other options you mentioned. Being a translator or finding another job. Just make sure you don’t hurt your dad’s feelings. Tell him the news in a sensitive way.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Anon10. I won’t give up. I’ll keep working with my dad because I need the money.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.