Should I try a new hobby?

how-to-do-card-embossing-1-e1491998044153

Which card style do you prefer … One or two ?

The first one is hand made using an embossing and die cutting machine.

The second one using the cricut joy.

I think I’ll go with the manual die cutting and embossing machine. It’s way cheaper and I like the overall look. But I just wanted to see what you guys think too.

I know I said I wouldn’t but I want to try this. I’ll wait until after the holiday though.

6 Likes

Both look appealing although I prefer the latter (maybe because I don’t particularly like pink?)
Have fun.

2 Likes

I also like #2.

Just my thoughts but you should pick the one you like.

2 Likes

I like both too …but I’m loving the embossed effect which the cricut cannot do on that particular machine.

2 Likes

Another example of embossed effect that ain’t pink :slightly_smiling_face: @Andrey

2 Likes

My wife was heavily into the top style two decades back. Dropped a small fortune on stuff for it. Now it’s just sitting around unused and follows us with each move.

1 Like

I wish I could buy that all off you. I love crafts :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So do I. Tired of tripping over it.

2 Likes

I might need to see if I get bored as I get bored very quickly … I’ll wait it out as I said.

1 Like

I like the second picture
Trying new things is great if youre depressed

1 Like

I love the embossed in both colors!

2 Likes

Both are really cool, but I especially like the first one! It’s very unique and looks high quality.

1 Like

You can make cards with simple materials first.

design simple geometric cards. Or if you are good with the exact knife some easy to cut designs.

1 Like

I have tons of equipment im not using - as i have no motivation.

Printers, sewing machines, craft tools, serger machine, tons of jewelry tools. And supplies. I do need supplies for some of them. Making things is so expensive now.

But sounds like you are highly motivated. Maybe worth it.

1 Like

I think you’re right. I might get right into it for a few weeks and then I won’t want to do it after that. :confused: I really need to wait it out.

1 Like

I have watched you tube videos on those machines.

They seem very finicky - and getting it right seems like a learning curve.

1 Like

I think a good long term skill is sewing. If you have the motivation.

1 Like

I took a textiles class in high school, I really don’t think that’s my thing. But then again, I have tried everthing, sewing, knitting, crocheting, polymer claying, making amiguramis, :slight_smile:

1 Like

O M G thats a lot.。°。°。°。°。°

There’s even more that I have not listed… But I like to try a bit of everthing.

1 Like