Should I go back for another steroid shot?

I don’t hurt near as bad as before the shot in my hip. But the pain has increased some now. I got the shot February 16th. The only thing is these shots interact with the Abilify I take, and I get delusional for three or four weeks after the shot.

So do you think you would go back for another shot?

Why do you need steroids? Du you have an inflammation or something??

1 Like

Yes I have buritis in my left hip. It’s inflamation.

1 Like

Ouch, ok. I have it in my shoulders. I don’t use excessive force so it doesn’t bother me.

Best you can do is talk to your doc. We can’t give you medical advice!

1 Like

Thanks. My only concern was getting delusional again. My pdoc said I could get the shot again, but we were going to have to be careful about it. I haven’t talked to my PCP about it. I have an appointment with her Friday though.

I really wasn’t looking for medical advice. Just whether anyone would consider a shot again if it causes you to be delusional for a while.

My pdoc left it up to me whether to get another shot.

1 Like

Ok! Can’t you increase your AP’s after getting the shot??

1 Like

I guess. I’ll have to ask my pdoc.

1 Like

Check with the doctor who’s giving the steroid injection to see how often they can give you the injection. They may limit the number of steroid injections because of possible side effects. If they do limit the number of steroid injections, you may want to wait until the hip pain gets worse before getting another steroid injection

1 Like

Thanks @Moonbeam @Speedy

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.