Severe constipation —

I will talk about my constipation plus hemorrhoids with you any day Nick.

2 Likes

Who says romance is dead? I could see us out on a date discussing constipation under a full moon in a clear sky on a crisp Spring night, it don’t get better than that. I’ll bring the strawberry’s and chocolate to make us regular.

3 Likes

Try prunes …

2 Likes

@77nick77 is the man!!!

2 Likes

Maybe you can try celery juice if you have juicer in your house. You can add some apple to make it taste better. Eating more celery also help.

when i was in the hospital they added a new med which led to constipation and they would give me milk of magnesia, it’s natural and it does help a bit

You probably just need a higher dose of docusamate sodium. 2 weeks doesn’t sound very long for a stool softener to stop working. Just talk to your doctor about it

Just to add - I started incorporating more raw vegetables into my diet this week and it’s had very favorable results on my Zyprexa-induced constipation. I eat 2 cups of raw cauliflower florets, 2 baby cucumbers with peels, and 12 grape tomatoes. All that is only 94 calories, so it fits into anyone’s nutritional plan, and it provides good fiber and roughage. I am going to continue eating that as a mid-afternoon snack every day because it really helps. You can choose other types of veggies if you want, they all are good with fiber.

1 Like