Scientists accidentally discover new organ in the human throat

4 Likes

Or as Pamela Anderson calls it, a typical Friday night.

1 Like

“they found the new salivary glands in the upper part of the throat behind the nose while carrying out research on prostate cancer.”

:thinking:

5 Likes

Yeah thats a weird place to research prostate cancer whatever I don’t know anything

1 Like

maybe for some reason that region was showing up in scans.

Either way, kudos for the science…kind of neat

1 Like

@Moonbeam The epithelial cells lining the prostate and oropharynx share a common cell type/ancestery mayby?

1 Like

That’s good news for cancer patients!

Not so much for Linda Lovelace.

5 Likes

What does this say about our medical system?

For like 50 years, medical students have been disecting human cadavers, but they were so busy being force-fed a curriculum that not one of them had the time to say, “Hey professor, what is this thingy behind the nose?”

2 Likes

Interesting. I bet we have plenty more to discover about the body.

1 Like

Finally! Someone else making a Linda Lovelace joke besides me

1 Like

You guys beat me to it. I was gonna say something raunchy about how this was probably discovered.

This discovery makes sense given the taste-smell connection. Maybe. I’ve never taken physiology lol.

1 Like

That sounds incredible. All the time they have been doing dissecting and autopsies and whatever and suddenly they discover a new organ? I wonder what they discover next? Maybe that sucsessful smokers have 3 lungs.

3 Likes

I think its bcz its a small organ. I don’t think there is undiscovered big organs.

2 Likes

So, they missed it for about 300 years, even though, the whole time, it was right under their noses!

(right) under someone's nose Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.