Say anything G is for Gerrymandering 🏡

Hey guys hope you have a good one

8 Likes

First!!

5 Likes

Second.

I learned about gerrymandering in a political science course I followed at uni.

5 Likes

It’s a rather annoying aspect of our political process. It is a funny word though

3 Likes

Third???

:sparkles:

3 Likes

Trying to clean a bit today.

I’ve let the house go to crap since being sick…

Also today is my step sons birthday :partying_face:

We’re just gonna have pizza and chocolate cake when he gets home from school and he’s gonna open presents.

7 Likes

That was fast lol

3 Likes

What’s it like having a stepson is it challenging? Rewarding?

3 Likes

It’s… interesting lol

I’ve known him since he was 5… I honestly view him as more of a little brother than a step son… idk if that’s a bad thing or not, but he’s said the same thing- he views me more like a older sister than a step mom lol.

There’s definitely been challenges but there’s been good times too.

@FreeLunch

4 Likes

That sounds nice human. I’m sure it will be fun when he’s in high school :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

HAH! Oh, yeah, it’s gonna be a blast

3 Likes

Just got this text FYI

Metro by T-Mobile: Heads up – The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is expected to run out of funding in the spring. While there is no action needed today, your ACP discount could expire if the government does not extend the program. Over the upcoming months, we will update you about any program changes and your options to continue service. Thank you for being a Metro by T-Mobile customer.

2 Likes

ACP ending isn’t that surprising given the current political environment but you’d think they would cover their asses before an election

4 Likes

Hi peeps!

I slept well. Took a med. No issues.

Saw the kitty. :heart_eyes_cat:

Dad and I are hauling my old chair to the dump this morning.

Sobriety intact.

Gonna study before we leave.

Instruments later.

Take care folks.

:smiley:

6 Likes

Well I’ve cleared most of the countertops in the kitchen and have a load of dishes going in the dish washer… probably gonna start a load of laundry now…

3 Likes

I looked it up but can you explain it in simple English?

3 Likes

I think of it this way. One way gerrymandering often takes place is that they will draw county lines by certain means to make sure that certain populations are separate from each other or together, to influence voting outcome

It is using state structure to manipulate elections

4 Likes

Yo people. Hope everyone’s doing decent!!! :smiley:

7 Likes

I learned that in the UK they draw county lines in such a way that they maximize the number of elected officials they will have without impacting the number of votes casted.

2 Likes

Happy birthday to your step son. :hatched_chick::hatched_chick::hatched_chick:

3 Likes