Rule Out Schizophrenia!

Just got a lengthy email from my pdoc. He basically said that because I am off meds and have made so much progress, he has ruled out schizophrenia, and is amending my chart to reflect that. He believes I have a personality disorder, and wants me to continue on Lithium. He noted my “mood component.” My diagnosis on Axis I is R/O Schizophrenia, R/O Psychotic Disorder NOS, Mood Disorder NOS. He told me that he wants to observe me for 6 months, and if I don’t experience a recurrence of symptoms, he will treat me for Mood Disorder and a personality disorder (I won’t say which one, but it is not Paranoid, Schizoid, or Schizotypal).

4 Likes

Good for you Alien. I must admit I had my doubts but I am glad it’s working out for you.

I’m not going to take undue credit. I was sure this wasn’t going to end well, but it has.
I am happy you are finally getting what you need. I guess we all truly know what’s best for ourselves!
Congratulations.

My social worker is 100% convinced I have ASPD and not SZ. :astonished:

OK Beans, you opened the door, I will pass through. My pdoc believes I have some kind of mashup of ASPD and Narcissistic personality disorder. The Lithium is not only for the mood, it’s for the chronic agitation and irritability I suffer from.

2 Likes

This is good news for you alien in many ways! Best of luck to you

Congratulations. Being off the meds is really working for you and you sound great. I’m glad your feeling back to your old self.