Schizophrenia.com

Rule Out Schizophrenia!

Just got a lengthy email from my pdoc. He basically said that because I am off meds and have made so much progress, he has ruled out schizophrenia, and is amending my chart to reflect that. He believes I have a personality disorder, and wants me to continue on Lithium. He noted my “mood component.” My diagnosis on Axis I is R/O Schizophrenia, R/O Psychotic Disorder NOS, Mood Disorder NOS. He told me that he wants to observe me for 6 months, and if I don’t experience a recurrence of symptoms, he will treat me for Mood Disorder and a personality disorder (I won’t say which one, but it is not Paranoid, Schizoid, or Schizotypal).

4 Likes

Good for you Alien. I must admit I had my doubts but I am glad it’s working out for you.

0 Likes

I’m not going to take undue credit. I was sure this wasn’t going to end well, but it has.
I am happy you are finally getting what you need. I guess we all truly know what’s best for ourselves!
Congratulations.

0 Likes

My social worker is 100% convinced I have ASPD and not SZ. :astonished:

0 Likes

OK Beans, you opened the door, I will pass through. My pdoc believes I have some kind of mashup of ASPD and Narcissistic personality disorder. The Lithium is not only for the mood, it’s for the chronic agitation and irritability I suffer from.

2 Likes

This is good news for you alien in many ways! Best of luck to you

0 Likes

Congratulations. Being off the meds is really working for you and you sound great. I’m glad your feeling back to your old self.

0 Likes