Rare monkeypox outbreak in U.K., Europe and U.S.: What is it and should we

4 Likes

That’s nasty yuck

2 Likes

Better watch the news to see if it spreads. It could be deadly if not treated. Vaccines exist for this I heard though, but it is much less contaigious than corona. It spreads by physical touch, sharing objects with a infected person, like bedsheets, or a cough if you are standing close to a person infected.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s much less contagious than Covid
The experts don’t seem to be worried

But hopefully this is not a special more contagious strain.

I’m kind of worried.

One case here in the States but 17 cases in Canada.

More in Europe.

1 Like

I stopped following the news now that covid restrictions eased up. Back to the ostrich life for sir level

an-ostrich-with-its-head-in-the-ground-peaks-liana-finck~2

5 Likes

I didnt watch or follow the news from 2013 till march 2020. :laughing:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t watch the news ever but it’s always on in my household

4 Likes

lol first they ate bats in china, now they are having sex with monkeys in usa

4 Likes

Its actually from rodents so…

Come one come all pick you pox, we have an option for you!

We got

Chickenpox
Monkeypox
Rodentpox
Camelpox
Smallpox

Hell we even got big and medium pox

2 Likes

Yea it spread from rodents to monkeys.

1 Like

I see there’s been two cases in Australia. Got to love the interconnected world even after severe travel limitations.

2 Likes

Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?

2 Likes

yes i read this this morning. its apparently affecting the gay community. more fodder for the right i suppose. right when Orbans conservative committe was held.

2 Likes

And don’t forget about HPV, the most viral one, almost 80% of humans have HPV without knowing it. It can cause cancer. The news never talks about HPV, but anyone who has had sex was in contact with HPV. Usually it does not give symptoms, but sometimes it does. Cervixal cancers and Warts are attributed to HPV, even in children, as the virus transmits through skin to skin contact, even the fingernails contain the virus (from scrathing)

3 Likes
2 Likes

Maybe we wouldn’t even be hearing about this if it wasn’t for Covid-19

5 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m never going to be able to safely eat in restaurants ever again, am I?

:frowning:

3 Likes

According to Zubin Damania M.D., the smallpox vaccine provides about some cross-immunity against monkeypox.

3 Likes