Quiting smoking for a day

I quit smoking for to day haven’t had one since this morning

2 Likes

I try to take a days break at least once a week. Normally I binge eat and watch TV or play Xbox…

I find its easy when I am totally out of the stuff and it’s a day where I can commit to just staying in my room.

I’ve been doing that for a few years now almost. And it has gotten easier. Health foods, like a strong salad… Are surprisingly effective at staving cravings.

Things like waiting to shower… Waiting until at least the eighth hour… Whenever a craving wave sets in around then… And then showering… Long warm shower. It’s does a lot.

Takes only 20 hours for nicotine to half-life out of the body. Any time spent beyond that is the body fighting/learning to go on without it.

A nice reward… And they should only be utilized every 6 hours… Would be something like getting fast food.

Gotta find the things you can enjoy without nicotine. Exercise is great… Good food works… Sugar and candy work… Carbonated water works…

But what really wins is knowing the importance of suppressing the need to consume things. Train the mind and body into being content without having to always be fixated on things. Drift and meditate… Force awareness out of the mind.

It’s a life changer… Gotta be willing to accept simpler pleasures… But once you do, they are all around.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.