Quiting smoking for a day

Any smokers out there that can stop for a day?

1 Like

To paraphrase Mark Twain…

“Quitting smoking is easy. I’ve done it dozens of times.” :wink:

10 Likes

It all depends on your desire to stop. How to increase desire? Think of all the benefits of stopping, bring to mind the pictures of you living without the need to smoke etc.

When urges come to smoke simply distract your mind, delay it, do something else etc. Endlessly delay it.

1 Like

Good for you. I hope that helps you.

1 Like

It’s easy to ‘quit’ an addiction if you know exactly when you’ll be getting it again in the future.

I wouldn’t put myself through that.

1 Like

It’s hard for me to quit a day cuz of obsessive thoughts to smoke and urges feelings

1 Like

You can do it Jesse man just keep on thinking you can and eventually you’ll be free of it.

I couldn’t do the trauma of quitting cold turkey so I quit gradually.

Thank you man means alot

Not really
I smoke about 2 maybe 3 packs a day,
I’m a heavy smoker

I was a smoker that couldn’t stop for even three hours.

But I got stopped like five years ago, and now I have to protect my quit.

1 Like

Im too addicted to smoking to stop for a day. I truly enjoy smoking cigs and will probably never quit

Have you tried a day yet @Jesse25 ?

Definitely let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I am going for a sugar diet,no soda drink and no sugary stuff.I gonna try this and stick to it…I have been eating a lot of sugar since young and I want to cut them off and see how I feel.I feel bad because of sugar,not because of medicine?

It’s harder for a schizophrenic to quit. There’s a lot of stress, and other vices such as alcohol and other legal drugs are off-limits due to how they induce psychosis in schizophrenics… that’s probably why a large amount of schizophrenics smoke.

That being said, it is possible, but it’s going to stress you out and you’ll need more support from others while you are quitting.

Definitely it is better for health if you can avoid it.

I tried going cold turkey. After a day I was in psychosis and hallucinating that blood was running down my head.

My pnurse told me that nicotine has antipsychotic properties and messes with the way my meds work, so when my brain was denied it all of a sudden it couldn’t keep up. She told me to never do cold turkey, but to take it down slowly instead.

A good trick is to count how many cigarettes you smoke in a day, and then each day smoke one less until all you have left is your “good morning” cigarette, and then allow yourself that for a week before trying without it.

2 Likes

I will tomorrow

I dont get nicotine so my voices block it and say that they disconnected brain tissue so I think that when I do stop things will get better

I smoke cigs cuz I feel hopeless

1 Like

I sincerely hope you don’t feel hopeless too often.

I couldn’t stop smoking, but a part of me wanted to stop. Somehow it got accomplished.

I let people help me.

1 Like