Post a quote:

Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it. -

• Jane Wagner, from In Search of Intelligent Life in the Universe
1 Like

No longer at the mercy of the reptile brain, we can change ourselves, think of the possibilities. Carl Sagan.

He who speakith sayith-me

One in a Million chances actually happen 9 out of 10 times. - Terry Pratchett

4 Likes

May my heart always be open to little birds… e e cummings

1 Like

If you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

• Nietszche -
4 Likes

That is exactly what happened to me. Really the abyss is just the rest of your mind, it should be asleep.

1 Like

I used to play some self torture games like that.

1 Like

" there is another "
take care :alien:

1 Like

“Reality… Wow, what a concept”.
The late Robin Williams.

Don’t think about your errors or failures; otherwise, you’ll never do a thing.
Bill Murray

1 Like

If anything in life is diamonds and rust, I’ll take the diamonds. Joan Baez

Had this going through my head the last few days… Got nowhere on finding who originally said it though.

Small things amuse small minds but smaller minds take notice

life is what happens when you make other plans…

I’m thinking it was John Lennon but you can convince me otherwise…he was the more sensitive Beatle!

A friend in the struggle,

rogueone.

I looked this up about a month ago. Yes, John Lennon said it; but he was not the first. He used the line in a song called “Beautiful Boy”, but the saying has been around for decades.

Fact-checking has never been more accessible to the average person, even though Google and other search engines are sometimes alarmingly wrong. But who wants to dig? Take for instance one of my favorite quotations, “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans,” which is mistakenly and repeatedly attributed to the late John Lennon, who was killed on December 8, 1980.

It’s true that Lennon worked the phrase into his lovely song “Beautiful Boy,” but he didn’t come up with it, despite what Google says – over and over again. So who coined it? According to the Yale Book of Quotations editor Fred R. Shapiro, the origin is attributed to writer and cartoonist Allen Saunders. A variation of the quote, “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans,” was published in Reader’s Digest in January 1957, when Lennon was 17.

volla
in View, a humble Vaudevillian Veteran, cast Vicariously as both Victim and Villain by the Vicissitudes of Fate. This Visage, no mere Veneer of Vanity, is a Vestige of the Vox populi, now Vacant, Vanished. However, this Valorous Visitation of a bygone Vexation stands Vivified, and has Vowed to Vanquish these Venal and Virulent Vermin Vanguarding Vice and Vouchsafing the Violently Vicious and Voracious Violation of Volition!

The only Verdict is Vengeance-- a Vendetta, held as a Votive-- not in Vain, for the Value and Veracity of such shall one day Vindicate the Vigilant and the Virtuous. [ Chuckling]

Verily, this Vichyssoise of Verbiage Veers most Verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my Very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V

2 Likes

A quote from me - I think someone stole my mojo and replaced it with Cujo!

1 Like

Hmmm. Kudos.You can learn some judo.

1 Like

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. - John Lennon

1 Like