Post a quick tip on maintaining a healthy relationship

Because I don’t think I’ve ever had one.

4 Likes

Learn by my mistakes and stand up for yourself.

4 Likes

Haha :laughing: join the club. I’m terrible at relationships. My longest lasted only 6 years

1 Like

Mine was 2 years. 6 years sounds great !

1 Like

Strike a balance between your needs and your partner’s needs. Dialogue helps discover what those needs are and if you’re compatible. Some compromise from both parties will be unavoidable.

1 Like

Don’t ask me. All my relationships have been rocky.

1 Like

Sadly, I don’t think I’ve ever had a real relationship.

1 Like

The reasoning seems to go…

“Don’t sweat the small stuff.”

But I disagree. You should sweat the small stuff, and stay cool for the big stuff.

2 Likes

Don’t have one. :grin:

1 Like

Learn to listen properly. Listening is a lot of communication. Learning to repsond when appropriate and hearing what people are trying or are saying and make sure it’s not a one sided thing.

6 Likes

Sense of humor. When we can laugh at each other as well as ourselves, it goes a long way.

4 Likes

“Good fences make good neighbors.”

4 Likes

Don’t go into a relationship if you are too insecure.

You will end up worrying about absolutely everything and end up psychotic

2 Likes

Don’t go to sleep angry. :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

3 Likes

Don’t be a Gemini. Avoid drama at all costs and stop at red lights. Trust the process. Good luck!

Dont trust the FEDS, avoid people with dark sunglasses?

2 Likes

Respect your partner and have a sense of humor.

2 Likes

I had one that lasted ten years before I came down with with SzA. We broke up when I couldn’t work anymore.

2 Likes

Morning sex. Darkness is overrated.

1 Like

I was going to recommend noise canceling headphones, but your tip seems more healthy.

My real biggest tip is trust each other, and trust oneself enough to trust the other person. Trust is the foundation upon which every other block is set. At least in my humble opinion.

1 Like

I never learned from mistakes, I made the worst one at the age of 61. I would say; take it slow and if you have any doubts, forget it.

1 Like