Positive message of the day 03/05

What are your joys?

Mine are the fact that I’m finally sane, yay! The fact that I no longer have money issues, although I’m not yet independent. The fact that I’m a better person now than I was 2 years ago. The good people I met along the way, even here on the forum. The strenght I had to overcome my fears and problems. And some more I’m sure.

9 Likes

A day in the park.
A little peace of mind.
Hope you have a nice day Minnii.

2 Likes

Thank you! Hope you have a great night and day as well :smile:

1 Like

Fresh coffee in the morning. Blue sky outside the window. Buying fruit and veg in a stall market. Cuddles with my partner. Phone call to my sister. Looking at the pics of owls. A chat with an elderly man on the park bench about his youth. There are thousands of little things bringing me joy… that’s a good start to set our mind, thanks Minnii :grin:

3 Likes

That’s great advice, Minnii. I am going to remember and use this one.

1 Like

What Do You Mean Yo (???) ,

e(Y)e Confoose (!!!)

Just that I will try to talk more about my joys than my problems with my friends. I tend to talk more about my problems than my joys.

2 Likes

Oh (!) , , ,

Soz Yo … ,

That Makes Sense … … …

1 Like

Mine are that I have a single room, and I am likely to continue having a single room. That I have a family that supports me. That they finally fixed the roof so it doesn’t leak. That I have a roof over my head and food to eat. That I have made some progress as a writer. And I am sure there are others that I haven’t thought of yet.

4 Likes

i have been trying to master this for a while, i do try and talk more about my joys than my problems mostly but sometimes its hard especially if i get really low about something, i think its good to try and change our problems into joys as well if we can, i try and joke about my mi and make light of it and make it less of a problem so that the problem diminishes and then you are free to talk more about other things that make you feel good rather than bad,

my joys are- blue skies, sunny days, harbour towns, talking to nice people, singing, praying, music, jewellery making, making money, bnb, my flat, God, love this forum, good food/drink,
there is more but these are the most obvious ones i think.

3 Likes

My joys: I made a new friend this week. I had a great time with some friends on wednesday and thursday. I have a family that cares about me. I am very lucky to respond well to my meds with few side-effects. I have my own place now and I am doing alright with keeping it tidy and clean. I am doing a lot better now than one year ago.

2 Likes

The boards I bought today to put my plants on. The sounds the gutter makes that say the rains have come. A place to rest.

3 Likes

The fact it will be warmer today and Spring is almost here. The fact that I’ve lost weight and am feeling better. The fact that my Mother is still alive. The fact that I have learned how to get along with others at my apartment and my fears about them have abated for the most part. The fact it’s almost time for the NCAA Tournament and one of my favorite teams will likely make it. These are all positive things about my life. And finally the fact that I haven;t seen a Psych Ward since June.

2 Likes

I had my blood work done recently and everything came back OK. I’m very happy with that!

2 Likes

Going to a junkyard(like a little delinquent) with my friends to search for hidden treasures while it rains down buckets from the sky!

Running around an antique store for hours–just trying on hats really.

Reuniting with friends.

Gardening in the rain and mud with friends. Getting all dirty and going home to make lunch anyways!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.