Poop question

Does anyone here not go number two for over a week?

I haven’t gone this whole week it’s not like me actually.

I think it might be to do with my diet
I’ve eliminated rice potatoes pasta bread so maybe my stool is not bulky enough.

Hope I don’t have faecal impaction

I’ve read about some bad complications

maby take a laxative and see how it goes

1 Like

I only poop when I take a laxative because I’m on iron supplements and don’t eat much. I use Dulcolax once or twice a week.

1 Like

Spinach and coffee make me go.

1 Like

I was born with a slow metabolism and bowel so I can take up to 12 days in between goes. Laxatives don’t do anything, docs say as long as when I go it’s enough to eliminate all that should be in there, which every 12th day can mean 10 trips to toilet, I’m ok. But that’s always been my normal, I do sometimes go more but usually it’s from something I shouldn’t have eaten, like something contaminated with beef. Beef allergy, I get I’ll from both ends, sucks but we figured it out around kindergarten. I do use root beer as a push go if I feel like I really need to get it out before it naturally occurs, so plan B I guess?

Try drinking something like Celestial Seasonings peppermint tea, helped Kalick unintentionally years ago, we don’t buy it because of that reason, but he said it didn’t cramp or anything, just kinda flushed the system.

1 Like

Dulcolax can help. Including more fiber like metamucil every day can also help.

1 Like

Drink prune juice and eat lots of fruits and vegetables for fiber. Beans are good for fiber too. So are bran flakes cold cereal.

The laxative I use is Magnesium Citrate. If I don’t go for two or three days I’ll drink a bottle of that and it produces a bowel movement within 15 minutes to four hours. It’s not that expensive and it never fails me.

3 Likes

Here’s an article from the Mayo clinic:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/constipation/symptoms-causes/syc-20354253

2 Likes

A nice glass of prune juice should do the trick.

1 Like

Yeah sounds like it could be your new diet @anon90843118.

Try eating more veggies and fruits.

And make sure your drinking enough water.

Dates or prunes ought to help.

2 Likes

You should know what’s normal for you. I had a guy friend who really did only go once a week. So it’s not unheard of. If you start having tummy troubles try things like prune juice or anything caffeinated if you aren’t doing carbs. Both will stimulate bowels and I’d try that before laxatives. You can get a lot of fiber from veggies too though so you may want to up your green veggie intake as well.

1 Like

That used to happen to me when I was on Risperdal.

I did the doo a little less when my diet was way too low in calories in the past.

I go varying times I think I’m quite regular but you have to have a high fibre diet
I eat lots fruit blueberries are good and whole grains try weetabix to snack n

I’ve looked up Metamucil and its got psyllium husk in it

might buy some psyllium husk
its high fibre I think

Oh My!..,

The Subject of Dookie…,

Not The Album Friends…,

But That Creature Not Much Unlike Mr. Hanky…,

It’s as Simple as Thus My Friends…,

When You Need to Go…,

You Go…,

If You Are in Terrible Stomach Pain, Over The Course of a Long Period of Time…,

Well…,

You Might Want to Go Get That Checked…,

N e Hoo…,

Do Whatchoo Want, , ,

Not Too Little…,

&

Not Too Much…,

And You’ll Be Soaring With The Bird’s in No Time (!!!)…,

Good Luck Friends… . … :slight_smile:

I have this issue from time to time, too. I second what @77nick77 said. Fruits, veggies, bran, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.