lately ive been looking at supplements for various thing and i found out about this through an ad so looked it up, has anyone tried it or know about it? here are some studies and articles i found:
- Polygala tenuifolia Improves Memory
In a study (DB-RCT) with 48 healthy people, polygala improved spatial and verbal memory. Those who received it also made fewer errors and scored better on the test measuring working memory .
Polygala extract improved both spatial and non-spatial memory in aged mice .
It also improved short-term memory in rats with drug-induced memory impairment .
This supplement improves memory by:
• Inhibiting the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (AChE). This reduces the breakdown of acetylcholine .
• Inhibiting MAO enzymes. This reduces the breakdown of dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine .
• Increasing BDNF in the brain (hippocampus) .
• Promoting the growth of new neurons in the hippocampus (important for the creation of new memories) .
- Polygala tenuifolia May Improve Cognitive Function in the Elderly
In a study (DB-RCT) with 53 elderly subjects, polygala extract enhanced cognitive function .
Polygala extract also reversed cognitive impairments in rat models of Alzheimer’s disease, and mice models of stroke [10, 14].
- Polygala tenuifolia May Combat Depression
Polygala and its derivatives have antidepressant effects in rats and mice [15, 16, 17, 18, 19].
In mice, a saponin from polygala was more effective than a drug used to treat depression (duloxetine) .
Animal studies show that polygala combats depression by:
• Blocking MAO enzymes. This increases dopamine and serotonin levels [15, 18]
• Increasing antioxidant enzymes (SOD) 
• Decreasing cortisol and the stress response (HPA axis) [15, 16]
- Polygala tenuifolia May Reduce Anxiety
Mice treated with saponins derived from polygala showed signs of reduced anxiety .
- Polygala tenuifolia Is Anti-Inflammatory
Polygala and its derivatives reduced the production of inflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, and the master-regulator of inflammation NF-κB in white blood cells (macrophages) [21, 2].
Polygala also reduces the production of nitric oxide (NO) and iNOS, thereby reducing inflammation 
- Polygala tenuifolia May Improve Sleep
Tenuifolin, derived from polygala, has sleep-enhancing effects in mice. It prolongs both REM and NREM sleep .
Polygala saponins also had sedative effects and prolonged sleep in mice .
- Polygala tenuifolia May Be Antipsychotic
Polygala saponins reduced drug-induced hyperactivity in mice and rats. They may act by blocking serotonin and dopamine receptors .
In addition, polygala extract reduces cocaine-induced psychotic behavior in mice .
- Polygala tenuifolia May Help with Dermatitis
Its extract reduces stress-induced dermatitis in mice .
- Polygala tenuifolia May Help Combat Cancer
Polygala compounds killed human ovarian and lung cancer cells [26, 27, 28].