Poll: What came first, the chicken or the egg?

My own mind came first.
And by the mind all things arised

Both would have needed to evolve in unison. It’s the same as asking, what came first the embryo or the human?

In all likelihood, all living things began reproduction by mitosis, and over billions of years developed the more familiar forms of reproduction.

Cells still reproduce through mitosis, by that logic I would have to say the chicken came first. … Kind of sort of, in a long-winded roundabout way LOL

1 Like

According to evolutionary theory, new species develop gradually due to different traits persisting because they give an advantage for survival. For example, humans gradually developed from apes, going through different types of human species such as homo habilis, homo heidelbergensis, etc., before modern homo sapiens came into existance. The first homo sapien was born from two parents who were very close to fitting the description of homo sapiens genetically, but not quite - their offspring had just the right gene cocktail to cross the threshold into being a homo sapien.

As for the chicken and the egg, by the same principle, the first chicken egg was laid by a bird that was 99% chicken, 1% something else. So it was the egg that came first.

2 Likes

According to the dictionary definition, it seems to lean toward the egg coming first. When they explained it, it made good sense.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-bell-ca-revc&source=android-browser&q=mitosis+definition

I think you’re talking more about natural selection. I was trying to figure out where in time the first simpler life form laid an egg. It might have been reptile, an insect it might have been a duckbill platypus. I really don’t know. Now I’m very curious to know

1 Like

I dunno, but both sound pretty delicious right about now :fried_egg: :poultry_leg:.

3 Likes

LOL. You just made me realize it’s dinner time. Time for a break from my phone

Cheers

3 Likes

One of my nieces once sent me a video of this guy doing math calculations on the question and it concluded “Who gives a f”. I realized then my desire for a nephew was short-sighted.

1 Like

No one will ever actually know until we invent time travel, so fry up those chickens bcuz it doesn’t matter anyway.

2 Likes

I ordered both chicken and eggs for home delivery and they both came at the same time.

3 Likes

They reckon it was coral that formed the first egg type formation according to the link i provided earlier.

2 Likes

Thanks @labratmat . That’s pretty much what I was looking for

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.