Poll: prisoner in Belgium wants to euthanise

i don’t know if you have heard about this but it is quite recent about a prisoner in a jail in Belgium who wants to euthanise himself because of psychological problems, he says he can’t live with what he has done and wants to die.

do you think this prisoner should-

• suffer for what he has done
  • be allowed to euthanise
  • be forgiven for his crimes
  • sedation
  • other

I think he was granted this.

He needs to be given a chance to redeem himself through introspection and moral reasoning.

1 Like

The therapist I’m seeing at the moment worked as a therapist in the prisons at one stage in her life. Dealing with some of the more troubled souls that have had there impact on society and brings up the odd story in our sessions if it relates to me in some way, although she keeps details to the minimum. This topic comes up a lot apparently for many of the prisoners when they start dealing with the remorse of what they have done.

This is a tough one!

1 Like

From that article:

What’s the point in sitting here until the end of time and rotting away?

That’s the whole point of punishment. Let him rot.

What was his crime?

he is a rapist and a murderer

Oh, thats easy then.

He shouldn’t be allowed to be euthanised or allowed to sit in jail “forever” like he says.

He must taste of what he has done. He must feel what he caused in everyway.

Euthanisation is to less and so is sitting in jail for awhile.

Give him the same.

If we all get what we give then no one is going to be doing those things anymore.

Some though get even worse than anything they have ever done, such as myself, thats life i suppose, just a randomly occurring natural happening that has boned so many of us for no reason it’s not even funny.

Euthanasia is something that you give to someone who needs it, wtf are we thinking?

He simply has to stop eating.

people should suffer for the crimes they do.
take care