Poll: Are you neat or messy?

• Neat
  • Messy
  • Other?

0 voters

Looking around my room, I have realized that it is cluttered with random papers, pointless research, leather armor projects, electrical engineering projects, and hats. Certainly not neat. It is more of a public hazard…
I can’t ever seem to bring myself to clean it even though I want to. What about you?

1 Like

A mix between the two :smile:

3 Likes

Me too…I like to think my life sometimes is an ‘organized mess’.

4 Likes

I always say that the entropy of the universe increases in a closed system naturally. So, my room is messy. My mom doesn’t understand this or buy it XD

3 Likes

My room is a mess every few days and I rarely have energy to clean it

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few guys messier than me, but not very many. I’m pretty messy.

2 Likes

Same, I mean, its just going to get messy again -_-

3 Likes

i keep on top of it mostly,

i rent out my room so it has to be tidy when guests come to stay

my living room table does get really cluttered though, i have beads and stuff all over it just now lol.

1 Like

Things are neat and organized, I clean up cooking messes, etc as they happen, but don’t look too closely because I hate dusting and almost never wash the hard floors. :flushed:

1 Like

n3@7 @$ (@n b3 nifty schfifty

1 Like

I like clean, neat, and orderly living spaces.

My motto is
"There’s a place for everything, and everything has it’s place".

2 Likes

I try to be as neat as I can, but I often find myself to be in a mix between the two. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When I am doing well, mentally I am so freaky clean that it bothers people.
When I am doing bad, mentally I tend to let myself go. Dishes, litterbox, laundry, don’t vacuum the pet hair, don’t shower, leave clothes on the floor, garbage piles up. It makes me sick, sometimes.

2 Likes

I am fairly messy. I have stuff scattered everywhere. Being organised and tidy is a major problem for me.

1 Like

Used to be ocd about being clean because my mom is that way, now though, it’s a mess, as of late it’s so disorganized it’s difficult to locate things and random things mysteriously disappear, except my paints and canvas and sketchbook, always know where those are :blush:

I hate that having a messy apartment doesn’t bother me, because I wish it could look nice but I mean even doing the dishes seems a herculean effort and I have a dishwasher.

For me I would say my messiness is due to a mix of cognitive and motivational factors. I have difficulties with executive functioning especially organising and planning.

The case managers at the assisted living center where I live have said that we’re likely to get an inspection from the state authorities this week. So I’ve been cleaning my room. I learned in the army that when you get inspected put special care into the most prominent things that the inspector is likely to look at first. First impressions really count. So, I cleaned the top of my stove all shiny, and I dusted and straightened the bookshelf out in the hall. The inspector would probably see that first. I did an okay job on the rest of my room, but if the inspector looks closely at some things they might flunk me on the inspection.

1 Like

I generally organize my mess into quadrants. However, once they are pulled apart, the stacks can cover the floor. It isn’t dirty mess; it is just a bunch of papers, books, hats, and leather projects. I have so many weird inventions though…When the cop came through my room, he pulled down all my stacks, so now it looks like a complete mess. I am very angry about this. :rage:

My apartment is a glorious mess except when it’s inspection time.

2 Likes