Please post no/minimal cooking required relatively simple main meals

Meals that will use minimal/ or no electric or gas.

3 Likes

Huel shakes…

Add cold water to the supplied bottle. Add 2 scoops of the powder with supplied scooper. Add 4 ice cubes. Screw on kid. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.

Voila! A delicious 400 calorie nutritionally complete meal in a shake in under 2 minutes.

6 or so flavours in all. All lovely in my opinion.

:milk_glass:

5 Likes

Velveeta macoroni and cheese
Follow simple instructions on box

3 Likes

Are you ok @firemonkey ? I assume this is in relation to the gas prices announced today

Are your bills going to be affected??

Pre-made meals, i.e. ready meals. Just microwave them for 3 or 4 minutes.

5 Likes

It is difficult to find healthy versions of these.

4 Likes

A precautionary measure.

2 Likes

Sandwiches: simple, versatile, and delicious.

:sandwich:

6 Likes

I like sandwiches, but (s) daughter gets my shopping once a week. A medium size loaf wouldn’t provide many sandwiches per day.

3 Likes

Sometimes I will just eat cereal if I can’t cook, or beans on toast is a good one

4 Likes

What are the flavours?

1 Like

Huel Powdered Food - Fast food, not junk food

If you Pm me an email address we can both get a discount of ÂŁ10

2 Likes

Ah, I see.

If you’re feeling a little adventurous, you could always try making a wrap if you run out of bread.

It’s like if a sandwich and a burrito had a baby, and the tortilla thingies tend to keep pretty well on the counter or in the fridge:

6 Likes

Baked potato and canned chili. Zap them in the microwave for a bit and boom done. Add hotdogs and cheese if you want to get fancy.

Salads! My favorite is simple, diced cucumber and cherry tomatoes with a bit of lite Caesar dressing. Also fruit salad, yum!

Tuna melt! Can be cooked on the stove or microwave. Stovetop recommended though. Don’t want your microwave to be fishy.

Cheese and crackers. Not technically a meal but if you eat enough of it, it’s filling. Also cheeeese:) If cheese isn’t your thing, pretzels and hummus are a good alternative.

I also like cereal. A giant bowl of your favorite requires no electricity or gas. Not just for breakfast too:)

Oatmeal is also super filling. You can get the microwave oats. Those cook up fast.

On the topic of sweets, pancakes! Uber affordable and uses minimal gas because of how fast they cook.

Nachos! Microwave some cheese onto corn chips and add whatever topping you have.

Minute rice and hot sauce. This is one of my faves. Cheap too. Takes 60-90 seconds in the microwave and boom a meal. I’ve seen minute rice at the dollar tree as well. Add the veggie mix from dollar trees frozen section and you got a hearty meal.

Riced veggies. I really like riced cauliflower with Indian style chopped veg. Add garlic powder and salt to taste. All microwaveable.

Canned soup. Microwave or stove top.

Peanutbutter and jelly sandwich! A classic.

That’s all I can think if right now.

5 Likes

Make simple salads with rotisserie chicken, tuna, canned chicken… no electric or gas required. Make a fruit salad…

1 Like

You can cook meat in the microwave. Some people might not like to but most of the time stuff like chicken, pork and even beef come out pretty good. Buy a 4 lb pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and season them and zap them for 5-7 minutes and there’s your main dish. Then maybe zap a potato as a side dish or make a salad. You can experiment with times until you learn exactly how long to cook a piece of chicken or a pork chop.

3 Likes

I got these spicy Japanese noodles from Amazon that can be microwaved. Called Nongshim (brand) Shin noodle soup

3 Likes

Salad? Doesn’t have to be complex. Just some spring mix or spinach, tossed with some tomatoes or sugar snap peas. Or cucumber pieces. Maybe with ranch dressing? Really simple.

There are microwavable ramens that you can buy. There are some that come from the freezer section or the baggies in the dry noodles section. Just fill with the recommended amount of water, microwave for 3 minutes or so, and bam! Dinner is served.

2 Likes

These aren’t hard. Some of them you can make and eat off of for the next two or three days. Maybe make one or maybe two of these a week just for variety.

3 Likes

I think you could find two or three of these that you can handle making and once you’re comfortable making them you can whip them up anytime in the future.

2 Likes