Pick one and stick with it

How long have you been on your current medication, and what is it? Also is this the longest medication you’ve been on? If not, why did you have to switch?

I’m trying to figure out if I can get by in life with just one medication or if I’m going to go through several changes.

1 Like

I was diagnosed in 1999 and was given Olanzapine but due to weight gain (>25 kilograms) the medication switched to Risperidone about two years later and that was the longest I have been on. Ten years later, my medication switched to Aripiprazole because of high prolactin with Risperidone. I have been on Aripiprazole for 5 years.

I think I will stick with the current medication because of low side effects. I hope you will figure out yours, too.

2 Likes

I was on abilify for 6 months but due to lack of efficacy and side effects, pdoc switched me to clozaril(clozapine). Now its been 2.5 years that i’ve been on clozapine.

I did a poll on this ages ago if you’re interested in the results

Yeah, that is helpful. Thanks.

1 Like

I was on olanzapine as well and the weight gain was my first problem (my blood test wasn’t good as well). Now I’m on Aristab (aripiprazole) since 2 months ago and it has got less side effects. I’m losing weight with Aristab. I think I’ll stick with this med.

I’m on haldol, have been for about 3 years. Before this the meds I was on the longest was abilify for about 5 years, but we thought it was causing problems so I went off it. I’m hoping the haldol will always work for me. Atypicals don’t work for me.

Tried every newer med

Only liked Risperdal

Then switched to invega

Not sure how long now I’d say around 10 or 12 years