Photoshop before Photoshop!

To my overweight family photoshop meant turning sideways in pictures instead of straight on. That way you don’t look as fat.

1 Like

It’s a religious photo that’s for sure. The different objects are Christian symbolisms. The skinny cow is from the book of genesis with Joseph, the ladder represents the divine ladder, the sword is the word of god, the rainbow is from the story of Noah in genesis, the stone is perhaps an altar or maybe represents a stone cut from a mountain

2 Likes

So much for “the fool”…

1 Like

I’m not sure because it’s difficult to see what else is in the photo but I think I see three big nails next to the angels feet which would be the nails from the crucifixion of Christ

1 Like

Thanks hahah Glory to god

1 Like

There’s also scales, an angel….if you look closely in the stone there is a really creepy face.

My sister says the scales represent something. She talks about it sometimes. I just don’t remember exactly. She’s not home so I can’t ask her.

1 Like

lol. I’m not religious but I’m still impressed with your knowledge of symbolism :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Talking of album covers, I attended a group a couple months ago we came up with ideas for a song and a member made an album cover for it lol, it was pretty cool

2 Likes

Thanks haha it’s really quiet simple if you’ve ever actually read the bible haha

1 Like

The sword could be the sword that was used to pierce Christ’s side

Could be a lot of things haha don’t mean to be rude but I believe that was a lance :heart:

1 Like

Can I ask where you found this?

Yeah, i don’t do anything professional. Sometimes I just need to crop or shrink a photo, or blur out some information, make a picture black and white for example, nothing too advanced. The GIMP does everything I need it to do.

Oh yeah. You might be right about that. I haven’t read the Bible in years. The only reason I presumed it was the sword (or lance) they put in Jesus’ side is the blade’s proximity to the nails in the pic. Like the artist put them close together on purpose.

1 Like

Oh hmm I seee it’s a really nice picture isn’t it

1 Like

For anyone who cares:

The :bell: may be a reference to the keeping of the liturgical hours (times of prayer) that priests and some monks follow.

I’m the angels hand is something. Idk what it is but it would be a lamp stand or rod or something if it’s a lamp stand it could be a reference to the 7 lamp stands in revelation

There’s something that may be a ruler or measuring rod beside the angels feet which if it is may be from revelations as well

1 Like

Well the angel in the pic has her head in her hands. The dog in the left corner looks like it’s starving. There’s a creepy looking person drawn on the stone who looks emaciated (if you look closely you’ll see it). The scales in the picture I think represent judgement. I think the artist is trying to maybe be ironic. The Crucifixion is sposed to be a good thing for mankind. I tried to do an image search but never found anything

1 Like

Yeah. I didn’t know that. I figured the bell meant something.

1 Like

Do you know the title of the drawing?

Durer : Melencolia - The date it was completed is 1514 -
The animal is a dog.
The Magic Square is a problem - Digits 5 and 9 were never explained by Erwin Panofsky.
Any ideas?

2 Likes