Perfectly human

With my imperfections being human I am happy. I don’t need to be altered with medication to be artificially compliant to anybody. Perfect

I’m no sure why this was posted in creativity…

It’s your decision if you don’t want to take meds, but for some of us, it’s not about “compliance” with anyone. Some of us need our meds to stay sane.

6 Likes

for safety, both yourself and others - sometimes it maybe neccessary

2 Likes

It can be good to give no antipsychotic a try…

For some people it works out.

But it really needs to be done with the supervision of a psychiatrist

1 Like

I don’t know why, but this post really rubs me the wrong way. I have to comment further. You say “altered” as if those of us who take meds are not ourselves, when in fact meds can return us back to our rational selves as we were before psychosis hit.

If you had a heart condition, would you not take the medication to help with it because it was artificial? No pacemaker if needed?

Edit: I don’t like the fact that I need to take meds. But I’ve tried it without and tried reductions. It hasn’t worked well for me.

3 Likes

When I break my arm, I don’t leave the arm in the cast, when the arm is recovered. Same when I have a psychotic episode I don’t keep taking continuasly medication, I ween off the substances when I function again.

1 Like

so you’d allow your arm to repeatedly break?

2 Likes

Maybe I learned my lesson and don’t break it again.

I dont know about your situation, but in mine, psychosis can creep in no matter how vigilant I am off meds. It has little to do with “learning”. Sometimes we need help, no matter how hard we try.

1 Like

Yes when I need medical help I go to hospital

Breaking an arm is completely different than psychosis. People recover from broken arm but most don’t recover from psychosis chemical imbalance without meds. Not saying you shouldn’t try go off meds but if you failed twice its very unlikely that you will be able to come off meds, thats what my pdoc told me and he was the one who took me off my meds, I ended up psychotic for 2yrs

2 Likes

It’s ridiculous, being scared of psychosis after recovery is normal, that means I learnt my lesson and move on.

When you look at the (medical) literature properly. Full remission from schziophrenia without meds is not possible

Imo, you should be very skeptical of anyone suggesting otherwise - often misdiagnosed even possibly

3 Likes

Hopefully there will be an AI AP dosing smartwatch that only gives meds when we are psychotic in the future. Until then psychotic person cant reliably dose oneself.

2 Likes

Would you go for a sz brain chip implant for treatment if it became available?

2 Likes

Sometimes the psychosis is drug induced and can sometimes go away after some time. But if its genetic its very unlikely to be cured without meds. Although a minority like some here on the forum can be ok off meds but I don’t think they are cured from negative and cognitive symptoms if they had them eventhough they are cured from positive symptoms

Maybe if I became treatment resistant or the meds were gonna kill me

1 Like

@Bowens do you guys have forced treament in America?

We have it here in Canada. If you go to the hospital more than once they put you on community treament order

3 Likes

I went twice and not on community treatment order. But I went voluntarily.

2 Likes